Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

They're shown far closer up in the extended version.. He has to take them off in Japan and there's a good close up view that I uploaded a few pages back I think.. Well, a load of pages back now... But it's there still..
I don't think anyone has worked out the company.. But the chances are good that they were Frye boots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlcsnap-2013-11-10-20h30m22s15.png

Here ya go....The long shot...

Wested also announced that they were trying to make the new jacket......I've offered them some help with photos or measurements....Since I like Wested, and would like to see them get this jacket spot on.....We'll see eh?

I really like the design on this offering, but the collar concerns me a little. I want the collar in all of its 70s glory and the Wested collar looks too small. Is that just the result of the picture angle?

Yes...I think so...Wested said they were worried that their collar was "too small", when I asked them about it.....The angles on it minimise the impact, for sure....But the photos Wested uses are usually somewhat more hit and miss...And this time, there's no direct front photo...So it's harder to judge...

What I'd suggest is you write to them and ask...They can personalise the jacket as well, so if you wanted longer collars, or shorter, or no collar, it can all be done as well.....But as it stands, as far as I know, they're more worried about the size of the collar being too big for most people.....So it's not reduced....

View attachment 349783

Here ya go....The long shot...

cheers mate now i know what to look for :)

The boots are definitely Frye. No doubt about it. Contact Todd at BOOT-STAR SUNSET STRIP. The model I'm holding is 16501, two-tone walnut.

Price was around $600.00

unnamed.jpgunnamed-3.jpgunnamed-2.jpgunnamed-1.jpg

This (location) is where I got this pair ( they have been really worn down as I wear them almost every day walking the city, and are being re-soled, so bear in mind they've lost a bit of length in the heel and you'll have to really maintain them with that kind of use, otherwise the sidewalk can pretty quickly wear into the wood) which I'll also likely be using at Comic Con in October and all follow up cosplay of Wolverine, rather than try to track down the original black Fryes used in X-men 1 and then so on for each film.

As a complete, overall screen faithful Wolverine boot, these are awesome if you can get them. Todd (at Boot Star) is in direct contact with Frye as one of their primary stock suppliers, will deal with you long distance personally, and should (IME) be able to identify and confirm the model number from the screen grabs above/on set(s) if the boots used are still being made, and are still available.

Frye makes their stock seasonally and DO discontinue models in favor of the newer season designs.

Chances are you'll be able to find something similar if they have.

Here's their contact info.
Cheers
W.

BOOT-STAR SUNSET STRIP. 8493 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
323-650-0475
www.bootstaronline.com

P.S. Sorry for the double tap attachment. Still trying to get the hang of posting and I deleting an in-line image for some reason made a duplicate in the attachment box.

Attachments

• Comic Con.jpg
    Comic Con.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Comic Con2.jpg
    Comic Con2.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I don't think they are the same model of boot. Notice the back heel section of your boot and the one on the screen used. The screen used boot's heel stitching is much further back
from the line of the heel whereas the stitching on yours is inline with it. The other thing I noticed is the rounded buckle on the screen used. It's exactly identical to the ones in XO. I don't think frye was the maker of this boot nor the one in XO or X1. Those boots clearly have the heels nailed in the old fashioned way in which case frye doesn't do.

The type of boot everybody here is looking for in general is "engineer'

99% sure I found the boots. Fiorentini and Baker Eternity 713. There's a long strap that goes all the way around the top of the boot, unlike the Frye's which are basically engineer style boots with a short strap. Also, a separate tongue, the vamp stitching, half sole, buckle, etc are a match. The buckle is covered up on the side of the screen boot but you can tell it's just the tongue as the loop for the strap and center stitching at the front of the boot is just pushed around to the side because of the way they're laying on the floor.

__57.jpg__57-1.jpgwolv-boots-1.jpg

thats heaps closer, but you'll notice the tongue of the boot comes back further look at the boot laying over his left one and you can see the flap is further back on the boot and the tongue isn't as high

Yeah, I noticed that and addressed it in the first post.

If you look at the right boot and see how much of the tongue is folded over, when stood up it would be a good bit taller than the shaft of the boot, like the F&B.

On the left boot you can see that the center seam and strap loop on the tongue is pushed way back around to the left side because of the way the boot fell with the tongue flat rather than around the shaft. Look at the way the leather is pushed out at the instep. Also you can see both top corners of the tongue showing that it's pushed around to the left/outside of the boot. Pushed back to the front and straightened, it would gain it's height back.

Seems to be just a very soft leather fashion boot that crumpled in an unusual way. As soon as they're unstrapped they lose all shape. Nothing like the leather on a Frye or Chippewa engineer.

Best bet is for someone to buy them and see if they can recreate the scene.;)

Seems that Black Canary wears the taller three strap version of the same boot.

HI Forum.

Welp, I thought I'd share these here. I just got my screen accurate "The Wolverine/Days of Future Past" claws for October Comicon cosplay.
I'm not sure if people review claws here, but these are the out of the box shots before I fine tool the fit and set the blades into the grip with an epoxy.

They are a little loose here until the final fit/setting.

They are absolutely unbelievable. Total dead on match. This version rides down in between the knuckles without the "above the hand" overlap when compared to the previous screen versions, and the shape of the blades are more Katana-like.

I'll be getting the other screen versions ( Origins, X-1, etc...) as well to change them out at Con.

Video review coming soon. I'll post the link here.
w2.jpg
w1.jpgw3.pngw4.pngw5.pngw6.pngw7.png

HI Forum.

Welp, I thought I'd share these here. I just got my screen accurate "The Wolverine/Days of Future Past" claws for October Comicon cosplay.
I'm not sure if people review claws here, but these are the out of the box shots before I fine tool the fit and set the blades into the grip with an epoxy.

They are a little loose here until the final fit/setting.

They are absolutely unbelievable. Total dead on match. This version rides down in between the knuckles without the "above the hand" overlap when compared to the previous screen versions, and the shape of the blades are more Katana-like.

I'll be getting the other screen versions ( Origins, X-1, etc...) as well to change them out at Con.

Video review coming soon. I'll post the link here.
View attachment 351690
View attachment 351689View attachment 351691View attachment 351692View attachment 351693View attachment 351694View attachment 351695

Those look the same as the claws sold here from http://www.therpf.com/f75/metallic-xo-x23-tw-dofp-daken-claws-open-run-159506/ I have a set from darkside501st and they are amazing. Yours look good too.

Those look the same as the claws sold here from http://www.therpf.com/f75/metallic-xo-x23-tw-dofp-daken-claws-open-run-159506/ I have a set from darkside501st and they are amazing. Yours look good too.

Hey Soldier.

Yup, those be the claws alright. Dark Matter Props and Mike are just incredible to work with. I rarely come away from anything as satisfied as I have with this first set. I'm grabbing spares and additional pairs to keep locked away just to have them later in the year after Con.

Thanks to both of you. I am glad you like the claws. I will also be posting my new bone claw design soon. I am looking forward to showing those off... I really tried hard to make them as screen accurate as I could. ;)

Thanks to both of you. I am glad you like the claws. I will also be posting my new bone claw design soon. I am looking forward to showing those off... I really tried hard to make them as screen accurate as I could. ;)

My pleasure Mike. I'll be uploading a 10 minute review tonight that's currently in editing and post it here for you. Just exquisite. And you will definitely be getting more orders from me VERY soon.

W.
bar.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back