Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I'd still like to see the shots that were originally in what (I suppose) was Wolverine's house? Not the hotel or her apartment, but his own house....The katana on the rack on the wall seem to indicate that....And his sitting down and drinking/smoking as well......I can see why they changed it, but I'd like to see the original way it was scripted as well....Looked cool from the initial photos...

I don't think it was supposed to be in Logan's house. If you watch the scene again, take a look at the corner of the room to the right of the mirror... there is the seat, and the samurai swords are on the wall.
The promotional shot of Logan sitting, holding the samurai sword and drinking was just that... promo material.

Yeah.. I wouldn't say it was his house in all likelihood.. But it was a very interesting use of something that is far from common.. Made me wonder what they originally meant for the scene...

If that makes more sense? Not his house, perhaps? But not common items, and considering it's wolverine? Somewhat more than coincidence perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this: http://screenrant.com/xmen-days-future-past-movie-easter-eggs-trivia-comic/
"Hugh Jackan’s Wolverine may have left a love behind when he returned from Japan at the end of The Wolverine (2013), but he was apparently fond of more than a woman. Jackman had teased prior to the film’s reveal that eagle-eyed fans should take a close look at his [1973] apartment, and at first glance, his past is evident. Closer inspection will have to wait for a home video release, but the samurai swords and photo of Mount Fuji adorning his walls are a clear sign of honoring the character’s new history. Not to mention the brown, yellow and white striped curtains paying homage to his classic costumes."

I don't like how the quote makes it sound like the apartment scene takes place AFTER The Wolverine though. My guess is it is all souvienirs from Japan are from either his time spent there in WW2 or some time after.

I guess you didn't see my post in regards to showing/ explaining fit and function including the photos of me wearing my HL. I will forgive this once. :p

comonbub said:
I may be the only one here besides Dan who has one that fits correctly but if you've worn a levi denim jacket, the sleeves are a bit slimmer on that one compared to the Lang.

I found this: http://screenrant.com/xmen-days-future-past-movie-easter-eggs-trivia-comic/
"Hugh Jackan’s Wolverine may have left a love behind when he returned from Japan at the end of The Wolverine (2013), but he was apparently fond of more than a woman. Jackman had teased prior to the film’s reveal that eagle-eyed fans should take a close look at his [1973] apartment, and at first glance, his past is evident. Closer inspection will have to wait for a home video release, but the samurai swords and photo of Mount Fuji adorning his walls are a clear sign of honoring the character’s new history. Not to mention the brown, yellow and white striped curtains paying homage to his classic costumes."

I don't like how the quote makes it sound like the apartment scene takes place AFTER The Wolverine though. My guess is it is all souvienirs from Japan are from either his time spent there in WW2 or some time after.

Nah, re-read it? It says he left a love in the Wolverine AS WELL, but he had been to Japan and loved it before The Wolverine...Shown by the fixtures in his apartment....Nothing touching on the events of The Wolverine there.....Just that he'd been back there before then....And had been taken with it enough to get swords and a painting....Heh...

Interesting....So that WAS meant to be his apartment? As I'd assumed? Figured that would be too random a coincidence to throw in with a random woman he slept with.....

Hello all

been at the London film and and comic this weekend and first time dressed as wolverine :)
got a pic with Tyler Maine who was very cool

only pic I've got at the min is from the Gibson stand Facebook like competition

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 177
Hey forum.

As a newbie here, please forgive me for making the typical newbie mistakes.

To that, I've gone through most of the entire Wolverine thread and haven't come across this yet, and was hoping I could get a little guidance or at least a point in the right direction. Maybe a link to a discussion I might be missing? That might be all I need to get rolling.

I'll be obtaining a Wolverine Jacket for my first Comic Con and first ever Cosplay in October's NYC show. While I have fair to moderate experience in distressing and working with leather, I'd like to know, specific to this particular character jacket, if anyone can offer some pointers in the distressing and weathering-specifically in which to match the Hero Jacket from X-Men (1).

General knowledge what was used on set, what might work in place of that, or even what some of the current replica Jacket owners have used with sucess and their opinions. I'm going to attempt an exact match of the distressing to the screen-worn Jacket (of which I'm fortunate to have very detailed, High Res images of ), so any advice, even JUST advice, would be helpful and very much appreciated.

I AM looking to gain a hand in some specific areas aside from a recommended approach if anyone can assist. For instance, advice on bunching up the inner forearm crease areas around the stripes (accordion creasing), and what I should use to dull down the yellows to that almost dark honey amber.

Thanks in advance. The leather is competition weight cowhide.

I apologize if this is old territory. I'm sort of playing catch up.

Best,

W.

Hey forum.

To that, I've gone through most of the entire Wolverine thread and haven't come across this yet, and was hoping I could get a little guidance or at least a point in the right direction. Maybe a link to a discussion I might be missing? That might be all I need to get rolling.

I'll be obtaining a Wolverine Jacket for my first Comic Con and first ever Cosplay in October's NYC show. While I have fair to moderate experience in distressing and working with leather, I'd like to know, specific to this particular character jacket, if anyone can offer some pointers in the distressing and weathering-specifically in which to match the Hero Jacket from X-Men (1).

General knowledge what was used on set, what might work in place of that, or even what some of the current replica Jacket owners have used with sucess and their opinions. I'm going to attempt an exact match of the distressing to the screen-worn Jacket (of which I'm fortunate to have very detailed, High Res images of ), so any advice, even JUST advice, would be helpful and very much appreciated.

I AM looking to gain a hand in some specific areas aside from a recommended approach if anyone can assist. For instance, advice on bunching up the inner forearm crease areas around the stripes (accordion creasing), and what I should use to dull down the yellows to that almost dark honey amber.

Best,

W.

First we need to know what the leather is like. Is it thin fashion leather or is it thick, heavy biker grade stuff? Pics would help. To dull down the stripes or wear away at some of the high spots (above the pockets), use rubbing alcohol and a rag. To get those sleeve wrinkles, I'd wear it in the shower until it is soaking wet and let it air dry on you while bending your arms. But again, we don't know what kind of jacket this is...

Hey forum.

Best,

W.

Check out filmjackets.com/forum
Rick the owner, had the screen used jacket in his hands and posted some pictures of the jacket on the forum. And there's quite a few different threads on there for various ways of distressing leather jackets.

First we need to know what the leather is like. Is it thin fashion leather or is it thick, heavy biker grade stuff? Pics would help. To dull down the stripes or wear away at some of the high spots (above the pockets), use rubbing alcohol and a rag. To get those sleeve wrinkles, I'd wear it in the shower until it is soaking wet and let it air dry on you while bending your arms. But again, we don't know what kind of jacket this is...

AWESOME Comonbub. Thanks heaps for that pal. That is a perfect start. I will be making a notes collection of all this stuff in prep for the actual sit-down distressing session. To answer your question, It's the thick, heavy Biker quality competition weight. I won't have it for a couple of months, so I can't provide pics at this stage. I'll have about 20 days in which to do the distressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out filmjackets.com/forum
Rick the owner, had the screen used jacket in his hands and posted some pictures of the jacket on the forum. And there's quite a few different threads on there for various ways of distressing leather jackets.

Hey Comedian, and thanks as well for the info!~

Those are the pics I have for reference alrighty, and nice to know iot's been confirmed as the screen used. I mean, seriously, that is about all I could hope for to attempt a dead on match. I'll join up to filmjackets and check it out as a resource.

Thanks you guys. I really appreciated that assist! And nice to "meet" you.

Custom job.

I'll talk more about it when I know delivery is imminent. Right now I'm just gathering distressing and weathering info and hoping I get it in time for Comic Con, and that it's to my precise specs.

Just sort of holding my breath. I've wanted that Jacket for 13 years.

Last edited:
Hello got some more pics of my comic con setup including my pic with Tyler mane who was very very cool :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 160
any one know what these boots are that he wore at the start of the movie there are different the the boots at the end.
they have a strap and buckle on the side and top of the boot

much nicer boot then later worn one in the flick!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back