Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Already got UD on my facebook pages but thanks for the heads up. Just letting Dave know of intent to buy as he is "looking for reaction" to gauge production value

Anyone? Really? Nobody has a picture of the Heron jacket in question?

Bare with me as I've yet to post pics here, and I have plenty to show, as they are up at fj.com as well. I'll try later tonight to post them all for you guys.

Not the best pics. Had the kid hold it up for me while I snap'd a few on my cell.

209306_163302530393972_100001426784483_372124_3101350_o.jpg

192053_163302473727311_100001426784483_372123_1850334_o.jpg

To be honest they always do on a hanger. To be able to truly judge a good looking jacket though, you should view it on the owner or someone that the jacket fits properly. Not knocking the look of Wested's jackets, just the fit, you can really see where Wested falls short on proportions of waist length and sleeve length. Unless by some odd chance they finally figured out the right proportions of the the X1/X3/XO which I believe they used the same patterns but tweaked them to fit the respective jacket. Which if any follow's Dan's work, the patterns pretty much start from scratch.

I know I promised my Heron X2 last night, but today will be in front of a monitor all day today, so I shouldn't have any excuses. :p

color of base leather is called: Mahogany
-satin maroon liner with dual inner pockets, and the obvious dual outer pockets.
- I haven't decided if I'll rip off the left stripe or not. It's still too new and I'm breakin' her slowly. :cool:

I couldn't help but to distress it as soon as I was able to the night I picked it up from Fedex.
With the shipping option of $35 from Fedex, it shipped from Central Mexico to my door in CT, in less than 24hrs!
I used a shoe brush, slightly loaded with polish to achieve the dirty suede stripes that you can sort of see.
I then stepped in the shower and proceeded to get the jacket all wet, making sure I crimped and manipulated the collar and rubbed creased into the elbow areas, hence the not-so-new look of the sleeves.
Well, without further adue:

The jacket before I got a hold of it.
4812330683_4e33a8c624_b.jpg

Showing the dual inner pockets (the solid leather pocket was a nice surprise by Jorge).
4812330587_53744ace68_b.jpg

My decision to add the underarm "football" gussets, which make a world of a difference when you ride a cruiser. (notice the # of grommets. I kept in theme with the three's).
4812955334_22e6ae8da4.jpg

indoor lighting for the distressed suede
4812329961_1946188fd5.jpg

Back shot showing where the bottom hits(just right :grin: )
4812330209_0d5a109b44.jpg

Pockets and liner(whatta pimp)
4812330281_9220f8cf2f.jpg

Outside w/ flash(I'll take some dayshots and some wintershots in the future ;) )
4812954574_280b483c23.jpg

Full frontal (studmuffin' around)
4812329741_26bcbdcdb6.jpg

The 'from scratch' zip pulls
4817083864_09e48b6949.jpg

One of my favorite details: the sleeve gussets :cool:
4816460707_0d71a74e38.jpg

Plyable yet sturdy leather, you can see the sleeves got the most attention.
4817082946_2a0cdc254e.jpg

Oh, and someone was nice enough to send me their gray paisley shirt that you see.
Comments and critisism are always welcome (unless you think the jacket just doesn't fit).
Enjoy.

Last edited:

with flash

w/o flash

with flash and flourescent room lighting

scuffing/scratches

(my wife lol)

more scuffing

Thoughts and comments on the jacket are always welcome and appreciated. On accuracy based from Bate's original X2 for the film back in '03, it has come to light that the brown suede actually sits below (as the base layer) the accent pieces on the side.

-Tony

That is a fantastic looking jacket!~

Thanks Bowelrock! Alot of emails swapped back and forth for 4 months to get it to look that way. On the language barrier from Miguel in Mexico. It wasn't as bad as you might hear. He relayed what he was asking very well. As he ensured me that I was in charge of the jacket, not the other way around. So customer relations was really positive. He used to sell his X1 and XO's on ebay constantly, to which you could see his work displayed and was head above the other hackjobs on there now. But unfortunately they've resorted back to their site to sell their replica jackets now.

Heron only displayed the X1, XO, Bride moto jacket from Kill Bill and the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds jacket. The X2 was a one-off, custom that I special ordered.

Last edited:

I have the Heron X1 and I love it. The color is a little too light, but I can't bring myself to weather it because I wear it every day.
73555_171319552878346_100000009079007_594026_6925961_n.jpg

Wested makes good quality jackets for a decent price (hence the look). Just the attention to detail is just not there.
Those are some really sweet side burns though, Spaz!

Last edited:

Ill be going with Heron.. But it will Be an X-1 wolverine jacket :) what color should i ask for for the arm and waste stripes?

Ill be going with Heron.. But it will Be an X-1 wolverine jacket :) what color should i ask for for the arm and waste stripes?

I just got whatever the standard was (bought it from their eBay store at the time) so I have no advice in that regard.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back