Page 2 of 223 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 1, 2011, 10:54 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #26

color of base leather is called: Mahogany
    -satin maroon liner with dual inner pockets, and the obvious dual outer pockets.
    - I haven't decided if I'll rip off the left stripe or not. It's still too new and I'm breakin' her slowly. :

I couldn't help but to distress it as soon as I was able to the night I picked it up from Fedex.
    With the shipping option of $35 from Fedex, it shipped from Central Mexico to my door in CT, in less than 24hrs!
    I used a shoe brush, slightly loaded with polish to achieve the dirty suede stripes that you can sort of see.
    I then stepped in the shower and proceeded to get the jacket all wet, making sure I crimped and manipulated the collar and rubbed creased into the elbow areas, hence the not-so-new look of the sleeves.
    Well, without further adue:

The jacket before I got a hold of it.

Showing the dual inner pockets (the solid leather pocket was a nice surprise by Jorge).

My decision to add the underarm "football" gussets, which make a world of a difference when you ride a cruiser. (notice the # of grommets. I kept in theme with the three's).

indoor lighting for the distressed suede

Back shot showing where the bottom hits(just right :grin: )

Pockets and liner(whatta pimp)

Outside w/ flash(I'll take some dayshots and some wintershots in the future :wink: )

Full frontal (studmuffin' around)

The 'from scratch' zip pulls

One of my favorite details: the sleeve gussets :

Plyable yet sturdy leather, you can see the sleeves got the most attention.

Oh, and someone was nice enough to send me their gray paisley shirt that you see.
    Comments and critisism are always welcome (unless you think the jacket just doesn't fit).
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by superDrool; Apr 1, 2011 at 3:53 PM.
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 1, 2011, 10:56 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #27

with flash

w/o flash

with flash and flourescent room lighting

scuffing/scratches

(my wife lol)

more scuffing
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 1, 2011, 10:57 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #28

Thoughts and comments on the jacket are always welcome and appreciated. On accuracy based from Bate's original X2 for the film back in '03, it has come to light that the brown suede actually sits below (as the base layer) the accent pieces on the side.

-Tony
  4. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 1, 2011, 3:34 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #29

That is a fantastic looking jacket!~
  5. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Apr 1, 2011, 3:59 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #30

dammit, just looked on the heron website and it looks as if the x2 is no longer listed
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 1, 2011, 4:05 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #31

Bowelrock said: View Post
    That is a fantastic looking jacket!~
    Thanks Bowelrock! Alot of emails swapped back and forth for 4 months to get it to look that way. On the language barrier from Miguel in Mexico. It wasn't as bad as you might hear. He relayed what he was asking very well. As he ensured me that I was in charge of the jacket, not the other way around. So customer relations was really positive. He used to sell his X1 and XO's on ebay constantly, to which you could see his work displayed and was head above the other hackjobs on there now. But unfortunately they've resorted back to their site to sell their replica jackets now.

Heron only displayed the X1, XO, Bride moto jacket from Kill Bill and the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds jacket. The X2 was a one-off, custom that I special ordered.
    Last edited by superDrool; Apr 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM.
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Apr 2, 2011, 11:42 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #32

I have the Heron X1 and I love it. The color is a little too light, but I can't bring myself to weather it because I wear it every day.
  8. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 3, 2011, 1:09 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #33

Were are the arm stripes?
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Apr 3, 2011, 2:08 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #34

Were are the arm stripes?
    They're there, but like I said the base color is a bit too light so they don't stand out as much as they should. Stripe at the bottom is correct shape too.

From
    Connecticut
    Apr 3, 2011, 9:09 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #35

Wested makes good quality jackets for a decent price (hence the look). Just the attention to detail is just not there.
    Those are some really sweet side burns though, Spaz!
    Last edited by superDrool; Apr 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM.
  11. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 3, 2011, 1:43 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #36

Ill be going with Heron.. But it will Be an X-1 wolverine jacket what color should i ask for for the arm and waste stripes?
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Apr 3, 2011, 5:05 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #37

Ill be going with Heron.. But it will Be an X-1 wolverine jacket what color should i ask for for the arm and waste stripes?
    I just got whatever the standard was (bought it from their eBay store at the time) so I have no advice in that regard.
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 4, 2011, 5:52 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #38

An 'amber tan' color would work. Ask for a bunch of color samples to choose from.
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 5, 2011, 2:45 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #39

I have just contacted this eBay seller and he is partnered with Heron Leathers to officially sell the XO Wolverine jacket here:

NEW LEATHER JACKET WOLVERINE X-MEN ORIGINS BIKER LOGAN - eBay (item 270730907194 end time May-04-11 13:39:54 PDT)

Not 100% accurate as Dan's but the best quality for the price on eBay right now.
  15. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 7, 2011, 2:05 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #40

Looks great but im going for the X1 nothin beats it for me. I don't like the half arm strips
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 7, 2011, 4:13 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #41

I completely understand your reasoning. Half stripe = half assed, right?
    This jacket sent me searching for the best replica out there and I eventually found the Vanson version over at fj.com
    I've never made such a solid decision in finding that site. It compliments the RPF perfectly.
    Apr 7, 2011, 7:43 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #42

Hail hail, the Gangs all here!! David, Super Drool, and David Copolla, Nice to see my FILMJACKETS.COM buddies at the RPF. This is a great place!
    Mike
  18. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 8, 2011, 2:08 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #43

The origins jacket would have been much better looking with Full wrap stripes and thicker leather.
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 8, 2011, 4:42 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #44

The origins jacket would have been much better looking with Full wrap stripes and thicker leather.
    I couldn't agree with you more, Bowelrock.
    The Fox production/design team completely failed again. Nothing more annoying that continuity being constantly screwed with to suit someone's personal taste. What ever happen to canon film-decision making? It doesn't exist anymore, I swear.

Mike!!!!!!!! Glad you could rejoin the group in talks of jacket-nerding!

Mechanic would be here as well, but he's a little busy with things such as making us all patches.

-Tony
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 10, 2011, 1:32 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #45

Mens Movie Replica Style Leather Jackets - Leather Next

Bowelrock,

Here's another choice I figured you might want to consider, as they seem to be in line with what Wested offers, but if the end result is anything like their site pics, they are already leaps and bounds better than Wested.
  21. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 10, 2011, 9:20 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #46

Miguel has been really good with keeping in contact and answering any questions i have.. IM gonna have him make an X-1 in the same style ur X-2 is in just with the solid color stripes.. Im pretty excited
    Last edited by Bowelrock; Apr 10, 2011 at 9:25 PM.
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 10, 2011, 9:32 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #47

Miguel has been really good with keeping in contact and answering any questions i have.. IM gonna have him make an X-1 in the same style ur X-2 is in just with the solid color stripes.. Im pretty excited
    Ah Snap! Totally looking foward to seeing the results. You have to promise to post any updates with lots of pics of the process.

I did that over at fj.com to supliment the rabid folks over there as well as to tide myself over of excitement.
  23. Bowelrock is offline Bowelrock
    Apr 11, 2011, 3:40 AM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #48

Its worth it for a taylor fit leather jacket... I'm sure the fit and finish is as nice as any Vanson jacket.
    From
    Connecticut
    Apr 11, 2011, 2:28 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #49

Heh, I wouldn't know. I don't own any. But I'll bet it comes pretty damn close.
    From
    Haleiwa, HI
    Apr 11, 2011, 2:38 PM - Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good? #50

I'm looking forward to seeing the product that UD's going to put out in the future. However, I'm waiting for Dan's X2 to hit the market. I've two Danson jackets, and I love them. Yes, there is a wait!! I waited seven months for one (my X-1 with red stripes), was gone on deployment for my X-3 (so it was waiting for me when I got home), and am waiting (over a year, but that's cool with me!) for a horsehide X-1 (red stripes, of course!)