Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Picked up my Logan's Closet X-1 from the post office this morning.

44R in stock, shipped, and received in 2 days (from MD to central PA).

It is beautiful. Love the stripe color, a bit darker and much more subtle
than I thought from the various pics I've seen. This doesn't scream
Wolverine like yellow spandex would, but those who know will definitely
recognize it.

Fit is pretty much perfect. As noted by others this thing is build like
a tank and it is nearly impossible to hold your arm up with the elbow
bent. I asked Dan about break in recommendations to try to help
this.

The leather is twice as thick as anything else I own including a Cooper's
A2 (I think that one is lambskin) and a Joe Rocket sportbike armored jacket.

This has definitely put me in the market for a Vanson armored riding
jacket. Dan says the Bruce Wayne jacket has standard riding armor
installed and other models can be fitted with armor.

Big smiles here and many thanks to Dan and Logan's Closet. I cannot
recommend him highly enough.

Now it needs to cool off enough to wear it. Can't wait for Sept/Oct.

Pretty happy if you couldn't tell.

Lots and lots of Isopropyl Alcohol and elbow grease, my friend. Don't forget to condition the jacket afterwards though, as the alcohol dries the leather out and makes it stiff from loss of oils.

I want to get that matte finish broken in look on my jacket and i don't know how.

Dan's (Logans Closet) suggestion on the Vanson was to wet it with water.
Spray bottle, faucet, or submerge it. Then put it on and flex every way
you can to get it to soften up. He also said you can beat the crap out
of it when wet. Let it air dry.

All of this is supposed to speed the aging process. I assume that would
help dull the sheen as well.

I haven't decided if I can do this to my nice new pristine jacket, but I would
really like to try to soften the collar and the sleeves.

Haven't heard back from Miguel in a full week. Kind of weird since I've sent 3 messages in that time including the tracking number for the jacket I sent back. I wonder whats up. I definitely want to start verifying the sizing for the new jacket BEFORE they make it and send it. He also said he was going to send me pictures of their new X2 design on tuesday...

I'm very excited due to the final version is almost ready. I have been making proves during the week. Finally today we obtained the final version. The mustard yellow has been changed by a little dark yellow. Some of the new characteristics of the jacket are:

- A thicker lining.
- Stitch with thicker thread.
- Distressed sleeve straps.
- Curve sleeves
- Narrowed cuffs
- removable vest

And other details. I hope post some pictures tomorrow :)

Can't wait to see pics! Were the shoulders revamped at all? That is the biggest concern I have with the pics I saw before

Here's my Vanson x1 about 50% broken in. I'll have pics of the completely distressed jacket in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
The 90% isopropyl did the trick! It lessened the shine and took some color out of areas that I intended (high traffic areas like the cuff, hem, piping around zippers, shoulders, collar, etc.) Here is a pic showing the difference between the clean rag and after I was done with the alcohol wipe!
IMG_20110708_095132.jpg

Here's the jacket!
IMG_20110708_130521-1.jpg

IMG_20110708_130527.jpg

IMG_20110708_130531.jpg

I finished up this treatment with an additional coat of Lexol, and MAN has this thing loosened up now!!!! The jacket's fit now is better than what I had hoped for, and an interesting side effect of the wash/dry/alcohol/lexol treatment is that what once was slick smooth leather has developed some AWESOME grain...
IMG_20110708_101017.jpg

IMG_20110708_100956.jpg

IMG_20110708_100850.jpg

So glad to hear that the chest and shoulders have been revamped!!!

Thanks for sharing the Vanson pics. Man I never get tired of seeing that jacket :love

What portion of the chest is in debate here? I saw that the shoulders were in need of altering due to the fact that the pattern made them pop out, as the Bates had the shoulder seam down further to avoid that. But what part of the chest area was in need of altering?

Glad to hear about the new fixes to the thicker stitching and liner, zip-out liner, sleeve gussets, shoulders, but I'm not too sure why the change to the mustard to a darker(distressed?) yellow was necessary, as you get the screen accurate look when you dull the mustard yellow with shoe polish.
Jeggs- Are you going for the screen accurate distressed look all around, straight to the buyer?
My pattern had already implimented the curved sleeve, at least it made it to my jacket. So not sure why that was an addition to the 'new change' list.

-Tony

Last edited:

I'm going to have to find a seamstress local who can fix my shoulders.. them popping out is REALLY IRRITATING me now.. Unless Heron can fix it.

What portion of the chest is in debate here? I saw that the shoulders were in need of altering due to the fact that the pattern made them pop out, as the Bates had the shoulder seam down further to avoid that. But what part of the chest area was in need of altering?

Glad to hear about the new fixes to the thicker stitching and liner, zip-out liner, sleeve gussets, shoulders, but I'm not too sure why the change to the mustard to a darker(distressed?) yellow was necessary, as you get the screen accurate look when you dull the mustard yellow with shoe polish.
Jeggs- Are you going for the screen accurate distressed look all around, straight to the buyer?
My pattern had already implimented the curved sleeve, at least it made it to my jacket. So not sure why that was an addition to the 'new change' list.

-Tony

About the dark yellow is just a proposal who want the jacket with yellow mustard can be manufactured without problem, for me the dark yellow is more accurate than the mustard yellow but it is something I would like to discuss in this forum, this jacket is still a prototype and I can continue making changes.

About the curved sleeve only did a little bit change nothing radical, the chest and sleeve was modified to better fit when riding your motorcycle.:)

jeggs, did you get my PM? I am trying to contact you about a custom job. I just want to ask a simple question before going into the whole design process.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back