Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Yes. The sleeves should curve inward, and gradually narrow starting from the elbow. Which Heron's pattern does. But I'm still not sure what Dan is implying on his Vanson jacket that the Heron doesn't. They both do the exact same thing, which is taper.
If you provide Heron with accurate shoulder measurements then that point on shoulders will break in and fall.

There's no need to panic, people. If you give Heron good numbers, they will ship you a good jacket. :thumbsup

Ah I see. Well the whole reason I ordered this jacket was because of you Superdrool, and how the jacket looked on you. I've seen lots of X2's but the fit just looked too big or too short. There was always something that made it look weird. Yours was the first where I went "daamn! thats what Ive been waiting for!". I'm sure I'll be happy, and honestly don't care much for perfect screen accuracy. I want it to be accurate, but with the footballs I think that just makes it more practical. I understand Dan is going to for best of the best, and that's cool too, but I'm happy with the $250 custom made to measurments jackets I'll soon be getting. It's really hard to beat that for the price :). Tomorrow marks one month since I ordered mine. I'm going to contact Miguel to see whats up.

Still need claws too... ;)

-Tom

Hello my name is Jorge accidentally found this forum I am the designer of heron, I would like to know your views, also answer your questions.

Man I'm loving the Heron jacket. My OLF X2 is done. Milos has not sent me pics of it yet as I've requested but I'll have them and when I do, I'll post them. If anybody is curious, he's the one who made the screen used jacket from X3. Got one of those and now this on it's way. I take it I'm one of the few besides Dan who has all 4 of the jackets? lol

Hello my name is Jorge accidentally found this forum I am the designer of heron, I would like to know your views, also answer your questions.
Glad to have you here jorge, you'll be getting an order from me soon too on the X-2 coat. you guys do awesome work

Ok here are pics of my jacket. Excuse the cornyness of them.

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Drool - I am not implying anything, I am telling you these are two different types of sleeve styles and the shape of the sleeve articulation is very different. The taper of a sleeve is not the part of articulation I am referring to and actually doesn't have that much to do with the total articulation shape of the sleeve.
I'll see if I can get some pictures up to illustrate what you may not be seeing as you have not had all the different types of jackets in hand for accurate observations.
I know what I am looking at in jacket construction and see that your Heron, my first X2 prototype, and the DavidYR1 X2 have the same sleeve type, and that is not accurate to the true Bates and my current production Logan's Closet X2 sleeve shape.

Bowelrock - nice looking jacket.

comonbub - Milos' OLF version has the more accurate sleeve style I am talking about, can't wait to see how yours turns out.

I made alterations of Gs OLF X2 with Milos for a good hour and he understood the screen inaccuracies of his so I've got it down to a T I'm sure.

Jorge!! Great to finally hear from the Heron team outside of emails! :D

Bowelrock,
Looks great on you, man! You look badass with it on...the claws don't hurt though. ;)
Thank you for posting these pics, I've been waiting to see. It was well worth the wait.
I see you couldn't help but to distress it, probably the day you got it huh? That mustard yellow suede yells at your face, so there's that aw moment and after that hour has passed, it was off to dull it down...
Sound about right?

Dan, I may see what you are talking about with Bowelrocks jacket (top two pics?). How the edges point out( because of how the sleeve hole is cut out? ), especailly when the jacket tenses up, you can see it's more prominent. Man, I want to get a grasp of this 'articulation' thing. It's bugging me now... :p

Last edited:

The shoulders are irritating but i have to ignore it. And yeah as soon as i got the jacket i started beating the hell out of it.. Its pretty worn and comfortable now!

Man I'm loving the Heron jacket. My OLF X2 is done. Milos has not sent me pics of it yet as I've requested but I'll have them and when I do, I'll post them. If anybody is curious, he's the one who made the screen used jacket from X3. Got one of those and now this on it's way. I take it I'm one of the few besides Dan who has all 4 of the jackets? lol

I've got my first one ordered, but would love to eventually own all four.

Maybe you can get with Heron to make the X3 jacket. All you need is to provide the images and interest. They would do the rest. ;)

Hi Tony, We noticed that The jacket x-2 that we made lately needed some improvements, such as the curve of the sleeves, cuffs narrowed, and shoulders. Now we have almost completed our latest prototype of the x-2. In relation to the gusset we did several tests and we believe that the version of gusset of your jacket is the most suitable because it allows a greater range of movement, a smaller or narrowed gusset reduce the range of motion to the sleeves. We will post pictures soon and we wait hard reviews.:)

Hi Tony, We noticed that The jacket x-2 that we made lately needed some improvements, such as the curve of the sleeves, cuffs narrowed, and shoulders. Now we have almost completed our latest prototype of the x-2. In relation to the gusset we did several tests and we believe that the version of gusset of your jacket is the most suitable because it allows a greater range of movement, a smaller or narrowed gusset reduce the range of motion to the sleeves. We will post pictures soon and we wait hard reviews.:)

Id love to get my hands on your new version, let us know when its done!

Bummer i didn't get the upgrades oh well i guess its a trade off.. Maybe on my X-1 jacket ill get an accurate copy

So if you had a custom idea for a jacket, they would only do it if it was going to be sold in multiples, not just a single item?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant personal interest in helping them make one, if you wanted Heron to make you an X3 jacket. I did just that when I helped them with the X2 pattern, which came out pretty decent for the price. But it's no way screen accurate, but it's the best screen accurate X2 out there for the cost. If your looking for accuracy then Bates or Logan's Closet is your best bet, as they are dead on and riding grade to boot. ;)

One day I'll save up for one of Dan's jackets, but right now, I'm not in the market for one yet.

Bummer i didn't get the upgrades oh well i guess its a trade off.. Maybe on my X-1 jacket ill get an accurate copy

You have to work with them on accuracy as the current Heron X1 pattern isn't 100% right now. A few tweaks here and there are still needed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back