Tusken Raider Unidentified Bandolier - Let's talk about it

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Don't you think that the one used here, on this movie is quite similar in style to the one still unidentified used by Peter? What do you think?

2937828990099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

2193995800099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

2275542.jpg

Only that Peter's one has some holes in the lid. :love

PS: A new photo I just found out:

Annex%20-%20O%27Toole,%20Peter%20%28Lawrence%20of%20Arabia%29_05.jpg

Last edited:
I think they are similar, but alas not the same.

There's a similar problem with one of the bandoliers used on the chief jawa. This jawa used a bandolier that is very similar to the Boer War bandolier but slightly different. Considering the ubiquity of many of these bandoliers, such as the Enfield 303 and the German Mauser that can be found still today in fairly good quantity on ebay, I can't help but wonder if the ammo belt on the Peter Diamond tusken raider and the bandolier on the jawa might have been made by the prop shop or something since no duplicates of them have been found...?

Guys, dont get excited, but I think I found them:

WW1 Turkish Waist Ammunition Bandolier:

c7f1f24cfd075dfb75ad2e5.jpg

09f3d3b6edaa3de72b6fb60.jpg

It is not clearly the same, but we are going in the right direction. What do you think?

Last edited:
Yes, that movie had an incredible cast. Now that I know what I am looking, I will refine my search. Planning to look for them on specialized forums.:love

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back