Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume Complete New Pics 2/25/12!

Re: Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume Complete 7/28/11 with Pics!!

We did another photo shoot recently with Subject Delta in town, and David (Torso Boy), took some time to play with photoshop. Here are some of the before and after shots.

DSCN2974.jpg

DSCN2974_edit.jpg

DSCN2970.jpg

DSCN2970_edit.jpg

You can check out more pictures on our facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/#!/2StoryProps

The detail photos of your weathering/distressing (pg 3) are just unbelievable! It's amazing work - true artistry. :eek

SO Delta made an appearance at the Friday Night Costume Contest at Dragon Con last week. You can read all the details on our blog (see my signature) but I figure I'd show you all the result:

DSCF1751.jpg

Only Honorable Mention!?!? Yea im sure this has been said many times before WOW the attention the Detail you put on this Costume is amazing, I had to pick my jaw up off the ground a few times hah. My Nephew constantly kept asking "are you f#*King Serious!?" Keep Building because you Sir Got Talent!

Only Honorable Mention!?!? Yea im sure this has been said many times before WOW the attention the Detail you put on this Costume is amazing, I had to pick my jaw up off the ground a few times hah. My Nephew constantly kept asking "are you f#*King Serious!?" Keep Building because you Sir Got Talent!

Thanks!. Yep, I lost to a steampunk socialite, which was basically a Victorian era dress. During the Meet the Winners panel the judges went on and on about dresses and historical reproductions and how well seams and stiching should be, so I think I was already facing an uphill battle with Delta having the judges biased twoard cloth rather than hard components. You can see the list of winners here:

Friday Night Costuming Contest » Daily Dragon Online

Im doing some research in the next few months to figure out what I am going to make for the Friday Night Contest in 2012. Originally I was leaning twoard the A7LB suit used on the later Apollo missions, but the suits from 2001 have also peaked my interest and seem closer to my skill level, so we'll see what happens.

The hard work and talent behind this costume is just amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product! Keep up the awesome work!

K just re-looked at the entire post. Im retarded. Sorry. That is really bad ass. Congrats! Just amazing!

Looks amazing, Quick question, How did you make the adam and eve on the back of the suit.

The tanks started off as acrylic tubes. I painted the inside with Krylon Stained Glass Paint (respective colors or course) and crumpled up some colored giftbasket wrap and stuck it in the tube to help disapate the light. Each tank also contains three LEDs in the respective color for illumination.

The ends are PVC caps. The standard sizes for PVC and acrylic are slightly diffrent, so the cap has to be sanded out inorder to fit. The assembly was then bolted to the helmet.

The tanks started off as acrylic tubes. I painted the inside with Krylon Stained Glass Paint (respective colors or course) and crumpled up some colored giftbasket wrap and stuck it in the tube to help disapate the light. Each tank also contains three LEDs in the respective color for illumination.

The ends are PVC caps. The standard sizes for PVC and acrylic are slightly diffrent, so the cap has to be sanded out inorder to fit. The assembly was then bolted to the helmet.

Have you ever though of using EL wire instead of LEDs in the adam and eve

Have you ever though of using EL wire instead of LEDs in the adam and eve

Why? I got a great effect using the bottom lit LED and transparent film. EL wire would be considerably dimmer and would look like EL wire in the tanks.

If I had time I would run an EL wire on the left arm for the plasmid tube, but that would be it.

I must say, as a fan on the Bioshock series, I have seen quite a few replicas from the games.
Your rendition of Subject Delta, sir, is superb!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back