Captain America Red Skull mask WIP...finished mask bottom of PG 4

point taken lol not 350 is a bad price its if you can afford it lol id be all over it.. I do my own brakes hehe ok guys good luck to all that get these..:cool ok moving on to bigger better stuff... back to building.:):)

no woories, madcap. i have done the same thing before.

i buy silver ounces.........eagles , maples and the like. for the silver value.
silver sells for about 35-45 bucks ounce as of today. i went into to a small store , the girl had some silver eagles at 200 bucks a pop!! i said you are out of your mind!!! she said they are graded and they are worth every penny. i guess they are worth 200 bucks to the right person but not to me!!

Never being a huge follower of Red Skull, this thread attracted me more than I figured.

This will be my first silicone mask, and my son will wear it at times too.

So, educate me a bit so I can be sure to give proper care of the mask.
I have being googling around for tips.
Some sites suggest using talcum powder inside the mask.
Some sites suggest rolling the mask, like putting on a sock.
If tears occur, sites say you can use off the shelf silicone caulk from walmart to fix tears if they happen?

Any tips or discussion are greatly welcome.

I have a few masks and love the flexibility and expressiveness afforded by the masks .

In terms of putting on, probably the best video available can be found on the composite effects website.

In terms of powdering masks, I don't usually powder mine. But I do usually wear a cotton hood (like a sock for the head) between my head and the mask. It does help soak up sweat. One problem with the masks is the fact silicone does not breathe. As such, they can get hot. The other benefit of the hood is that it allows easier removal without ending up pulling hairs out. The sweat and lack of breathability of the silicon can cause a seal between the mask and the head. So when removing, it can end up with chunks of hair stuck to the mask.

I wash my masks with soap and water after long periods of wear and turn them inside out to dry.

Have not had any tears yet(fingers crossed).

Hope this helps.

I have a few masks and love the flexibility and expressiveness afforded by the masks .

In terms of putting on, probably the best video available can be found on the composite effects website.

In terms of powdering masks, I don't usually powder mine. But I do usually wear a cotton hood (like a sock for the head) between my head and the mask. It does help soak up sweat. One problem with the masks is the fact silicone does not breathe. As such, they can get hot. The other benefit of the hood is that it allows easier removal without ending up pulling hairs out. The sweat and lack of breathability of the silicon can cause a seal between the mask and the head. So when removing, it can end up with chunks of hair stuck to the mask.

I wash my masks with soap and water after long periods of wear and turn them inside out to dry.

Have not had any tears yet(fingers crossed).

Hope this helps.

whoa - I just went to composite effects and found their videos.
Their masks look so limp...so...nothing; until they put em on. Totally freaky!
Ohh man, that is cool.

I already planned on using a hood that covers my hair, just to see if I prefer it.

The painting intrigues me too - to flaunt the mask as casual as those videos show; one woul djust expect cracking. Can you tell I am in uncharted territory here? :lol

Silicon masks are cool and fun. As long as the original sculpt is great, like mrbungles red skull, the mask is going to look amazing.

Just a quick note, decaturvader, if you want to see cool, check out spfx silicon masks on YouTube. More realistic silicone masks rather than monstrous

I just wanted to bump this bad boy back up - there was talk of redoing it to better hide the seam and curious how the final paint job was turning out.

thanks, guys

decater, i have pulled 2 masks this week and i am working on them. i am going to pull another this weekend.

thanks, guys

decater, i have pulled 2 masks this week and i am working on them. i am going to pull another this weekend.

Sa-weeeet :thumbsup
I saw your YouTube mounting vid; amazing how rough you can be with these masks...not to mention how freakishly weird they conceal your identity. I watched a vid of a guy wearing a CFX Frank mask..good gawd freaky, almost couldn't finish watching it.

Forgive my naive experience; but I could use a tip regarding eye make-up too.

Drove the 30 mins from Montgomery to Clanton and met Tom today. I've gotta say he's a top notch guy! His work area is so much fun to check out and he's a wealth of talent and info.

I showed up around 1pm to pick up my Red Skull pull and by 3:30 we were STILL cutting up and having fun while he was working.

I couldn't wait to play with it and put it on so I did a video myself. I had the red-eye makeup but no pros-aide...so forgive the fact that the mouth isn't moving.

I freakin love this thing!!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back