Captain America Red Skull mask WIP...finished mask bottom of PG 4

Re: Red Skull mask WIP...

You get a little glimpse of the back of the Red Skull's head in the new trailer... you know... if you really dare about such trivial bits of ref. :)

Nick

LOL!! what reference??? 2 pics is all i have and they are of 2 different mask and part of both mask are cgi??

i am sure more pics will come out soon, atleast i hope ,so i might hold off on making the mold till more pics hit.

Mask looks awesome!

Only possible suggestion for breathing is possibly just under the ridge. It would probably be more a slit or slash rather than holes. However, the issue then is depending on your nose size, that slit may become visible underneath. And with slits you then have to much around with reinforcing and the like

Like everyone else said, breath through the mouth :)

Can't wait to see the final mask!!

You have one amazing talent there, Mr. Bungle. I love the texture the most. You did an excellent job blending the bridge of the nose and upper lip to resemble the CG'd makeup. I don't think you could ask for a better sculpt.

thanks, nick. i wish they showed more of the back of the head. i downloaded the hi-res version of the trailer and the part where red pulls off his human mask you can see alot of wrinkles and stuff.

the back shot you see the top of the back of his head. i really need to see the back of the ear stubs.

thanks guys for thecompliments guys.

lupus , i don't want to put a slit in the nose becuase like you said it make the nose even more noticeble. this mask will definately be a mouth breather.

thanks so much superdrool.

I kind of wish they had been more subtle and accurate with the SS uniform. For some reason that bugs the crap out of me, as the acutal uniform is more scary to me. Don't get me wrong, this highly stylized uniform looks great as is, and wil look amazing in action on the silver screen. It seems they did it on purpose, to veer away from an actual WWII feelings. ...off my soapbox, sorry guys.

Amazing work, especially in "removing" the nose. Dosen't even look like one would be hiding uder there!

thanks.

here is the finished sculpt, need to do some clean up around the bottom edge and get the sculpt ready to mold.

this about as accurate as i can get it with the limited reference out there and i read in an interview they blacked out hugo's nose and the mask was a series of prosthetics that took about 3 hours to put on. then they CGI'ed the nose out.

thanks for looking.

012-19.jpg

016-15.jpg

014-17.jpg

013-21.jpg

Re: Red Skull mask WIP...finished sculpt bottom of PG 2

I noticed that the cheekbones were toned down quite a bit since you've started the sculpt. Makes the brow look that much bulkier. Just noticing. Love where you were going with the folds/wrinkles around the neck. Do you plan on making the wrinkles more pronounced?

thanks, drool. you are right, i have toned down the check bones a tad. on the wrinkles ,i do not plan to make them more prononced. once the mask is cast and painted the blacks and browns will bring out some of the details. alot of the wrinkles i had to put in there from old people reference.

on the one good reference pic i did not see an wrinkles or pores at all in some spots.

Great job on the 'leather-neck'. Looks like my grandfather's neck. :p
Can't wait to see the first pull and final paint job.

WOW just WOW, great job mate I can't wait to see the first pull of this.
cheers
jamie

Sick!!! That's bad ass man, I'm always finding stuff on here that is so Professional looking, sometimes I feel bad cuz I get my crap off Ebay, can't wait to see this when it's finished, makes me wanna take a sculpting class, lol

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of colorizing the sculpt. Didn't touch anything but the tint. Awesome job!!!

nice. i think it look will better once we some eyes in there and paint done.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back