Is the Prop Store of London Legit?

Eeeeeesh...not even close. That said, they do say it was one of ten made for production. You would think all the production knives would look identical though.

Ive dealt with them before and have nothing but good things to say about them. They do seem to put alot of work into identifing the props and matching them but sometimes things slip through the cracks.

When in doubt pop them an email, they are genuine and im sure they will look into it and change it if its not the one in the screen caps. The blade does look different but the handle looks the same. Could be one of the back ups or a production one they just put in the sheath as had the same handle. Just a thought.

kwalsh0000 nailed it.

Prop Store is certainly legit (I have personally made a couple of large purchases through them) although they are human and as prone to error as anyone. The best part is, they are very approachable and only have a limited amount of space on their site to describe an item. Give them a call or shoot them an email and I am sure they will fill you in. You do have to keep in mind that they are sometimes provided with information that isn't accurate and while they seem to do their very best at verifying the items they sell, some things do get past them.

Anyone can mistakenly label an item if they aren't familiar enough with it. I think this is an exception for Prop Store rather than the rule. I've seen plenty of legit items from them. I have seen some of them in person :)

kwalsh0000 nailed it.

Prop store is certainly legit (i have personally made a couple of large purchases through them) although they are human and as prone to error as anyone. The best part is, they are very approachable and only have a limited amount of space on their site to describe an item. Give them a call or shoot them an email and i am sure they will fill you in. You do have to keep in mind that they are sometimes provided with information that isn't accurate and while they seem to do their very best at verifying the items they sell, some things do get past them.

+1

For someone who has never purchased from them and one of the first items they look at? I think I would be a bit put off and skeptical too..

Really?!??!.... you question a companies ENTIRE reputation over one item.

Yes, the very definition of over-reaction.

Perhaps some research should come before accusations.

Let's not over-react. He asked a question.

A question would have been "Hey guys, Propstore has an item up for auction that doesn't look like the screen grabs, what should I do?"

An borderline accusation is "Is the Prop Store of London Legit?"

The mere fact that the Prop Store is one of our sponsors should put at ease ANYONE with concerns about them. Just sayin'

I have no interest in arguing with you guys. I just think the "toned down" responses prior to yours were enough.

..just sayin

I've been a customer for a good few years now & nothing but glorious things to say about the prop store, I've only ever dealt with the UK (London) branch, but if you do buy & you find that your not satisfied they would gladly refund.

Stephen & Tim are top blokes through & through, I just wish I had the money to go there more often, its one of the coolest days out for nerds like us you could ever have.

I strongly recommend a visit, but dont go with out cash or cards as you will be crying if you have to leave empty handed.

While I can't afford much in the way of screen-used props these days, I've bought a couple of things from them in the past and know more than a few people who have as well. They are completely legit but details like that slip through the cracks all the time even with the best original prop dealers. Part of the issue is that a fan is going to spend hours scrutinizing everything whereas a place like the Propstore guys are also running a business and can't afford to obsess over every detail quite as much as the fans though I know they do everything they can. And not to mention, as was previously stated, sometimes legit dealer's sources are not always 100% error-free either... and sometimes "legit" industry folks can just lie outright too.

It doesn't matter much with replicas but with screen-used props, you have GOT to do your homework and ask questions until you're confident of what you're looking at buying. You can't expect them to be quite as obsessed as you might be about a particular prop, y'know?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back