New Matt Smith Doctor Who Coat

Dave Ward

Sr Member
I actually quite like it. Now, what is it?:cool

5507316025_ece7163404_z.jpg

5507913692_7ea82004cc_z.jpg

5507913486_0514ef3a10_z.jpg

Wow, looks cool! Almost like Captain Jack's trench. Are there any full body shots?

I just had a thought actually, there's a lot of faux military style jackets going around in the UK, and have been for the last few years. It could be something like that rather than a longer trench.

Is this a trench or a blazer? Can't see below his upper hip in any of the pics. It looks like it flares out though which makes me lean towards trench.
Knowing the Doctor Who folks, its probably a custom job.
However, if it's a blazer, it looks like something Howe would do. They're a British based company that does funky blazers.
If it's a trench, I've got nothing.

Is this a trench or a blazer? Can't see below his upper hip in any of the pics. It looks like it flares out though which makes me lean towards trench.
Knowing the Doctor Who folks, its probably a custom job.

Not sure for certain it's full-length, but my guess would be so.
In terms of being a custom, I think that the Moffatt team might be more likely to go off-the-shelf. I was wondering if it might be a high-end piece like the Cumberbatch Sherlock coat.

It always starts that way, but then 3 years down the road people will demand it be made in the exact same fabric, or an identical reweave if it can't be had. :angel

So, as I've been lurking on here forever, and while we're on the topic of the Eleventh Doctor coat, is anyone (Magnoli?) looking to replicate his new tweed from the new series? Seen here:
doctor-who-series-6-trailer-8.jpg

5592099440_47cf4ca996.jpg

Series-6-filming-2-3-11-doctor-who-19787056-342-447.jpg

space_promo_april23.jpg

BB238826@DOCTOR-WHO.jpg

Now that I look at this closely, it might be multiple jackets. The one I'm referring to is the one he wears in the Xmas special, and in all the promo pictures. I think the one in the picture where Amy is kissing his forehead may be different though. Idk. You guys are the experts :D

Productions typically make multiple versions of costume pieces, especially something like this where the main character wears it in every scene, so that's why there are slight differences in stripe position from picture to picture. The tweed is the same in each though and IIRC the Christmas Carol jackets had no elbow patches whereas the S6 ones do.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back