Ferris Bueller's Vest

Well guess what folks! I'm actually working on this again! I'm aiming to have the whole costume together for Halloween, so I'm sort of doing this a little rougher than I originally hoped, but it's looking pretty decent considering how much money I'm putting into it. (About $30)

I ran over to Goodwill today and picked up a couple sweaters. This beige one is going to be the bulk of the vest, and I bought a black one to use as the trim. I started by cutting the arms off. I later cut off the bottom too.

h68RI.jpg

I don't really have the time/money to get fabric printed or anything, so I basically printed the pattern on plastic, cut out a stencil, and used a black fabric marker to transfer the pattern to the sweater.

UcyWV.jpg

Up close it doesn't look fantastic, but it'll work.

xggB0.jpg

Looking pretty good so far! I'm just holding the trim onto the vest to get an idea of what it will look like. The waistband is missing in this picture.

RoRPm.jpg

Should be ready to go by the end of the week. I'll be working on the trim and waistband tomorrow!

Here's my Halloween costume! The jacket isn't exactly right (it's my friend's. A woman's jacket from Forever 21! :rolleyes ) but people still knew who I was!
WqqUI.jpg

Great job on the vest!! I'm putting a vest together for a party this weekend and am following your lead.

Could I ask you to post up or email me the AI file for the vector art pattern?

Thanks,

-Ryan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back