Blade Runner 2049

Yes, some practical miniatures(Bigatures as far as WETA is concerned;)) and combining CGI effects also. It looks very good and interesting for sure!!

I'm not a Blade Runner fanatic by any means, but 2049 looks and feels "right" to me - so far, at least. Except for Ford. His delivery is off-putting to me in everything he's done in the last 10 years.

Same here. Honestly for me it's been since Air Force One I can enjoy his performances. His voice is shot, anyone notice how bad he sounds these days? I had hoped his role would be very small in this, but it's clear now he's sharing top billing and will be in most of it.

Still looks too clean overall to me...

Well, he did say it wasn't a replica of the original...

Can't say much, as I'm under an Alcon NDA, but we should be seeing some stuff from 2019. Will be interesting to see how much of a visual contrast they create.

alienrunner.jpg

The Alien Runner universe makes total sense to me under a Scott umbrella but how they meld them in a legitimate story is the conundrum. Off World would seem the best place to start. I doubt very much we would see any reference to JC`s universe whatsoever though.

I'm not a Blade Runner fanatic by any means, but 2049 looks and feels "right" to me - so far, at least. Except for Ford. His delivery is off-putting to me in everything he's done in the last 10 years.

I am hopeful. The things folks are complaining about seem like. . . complaining. There is dialogue and then there is dialogue delivered with some gravitas, and someone like Robin Wright can do that. Visually it looks bang on so far. We will see.

I am hopeful. The things folks are complaining about seem like. . . complaining. There is dialogue and then there is dialogue delivered with some gravitas, and someone like Robin Wright can do that. Visually it looks bang on so far. We will see.

I think current audiences of the hyper intense variety (ie. us) bring far, far, far too much expectation and personal baggage into these films today. A lot of films, when viewed the correct way - as a story being told to you, for you to interpret, can be perfectly enjoyable and even better than that. Going in to a film with your own exacting idea of what it should be literally cannot have a good outcome. If it fits your expectations, that's pure chance and luck, which is ridiculous to expect. Hope for it, of course, we all want to see something that feels perfect to us. But we cannot continue to expect it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back