Heads up about Armando Alvarez

Vermithrax 4

Hey everyone!

I asked the Mods first about posting this and they've given their go-ahead.

I was commissioned recently by this Armando Alvarez dude down in Florida to make a couple of Dean Cain Superman S-shields and a "Superman Returns" cape. The cape I made was all red leather on the outside and lined with red broadcloth. He was very happy with it and was on the point of ordering a second one plus some additional suit and cape S shields when I was informed by another RPF member that Armando's name was like a rash all over this board. Having discovered that he had been caught in the past trying to sell "screen used" Superman suits I cut off all contact with him at once.

Let me stress that I myself was in no way ripped off by Armando, he communicated wonderfully and paid for everything he ordered in a very timely fashion so I have no personal complaints with him, which is why I wasn't sure if a posting of this nature was even warranted. But I explained the situation to the Mods first and they felt that I should at least give everyone a heads up that the man is still active. As to whether or not he has gone legit, I don't know. He claims he wanted the SR cape as part of a Routh costume display for another person. He also claimed that he planned to have the shields autographed by Dean Cain himself. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea, but I certainly don't want anyone attempting to pass off a costume using any of my costume pieces as "screen used" in any way. So keep your eyes open, people. Just a heads up. Here are shots of the cape I made for him.

-Dale Morton
Dale Morton Studio Mascot Costumes - Home

SupermanReturnsleathercape1.jpg

SupermanReturnsleathercape2.jpg

SupermanReturnsleathercape3.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back