Movies you hate that everyone else likes

1.) The Departed. Sorry, but Scorcese should've won for GoodFellas. This film meandered aimlessly and then just pretty much iced everyone at the end for no apparent reason.

I hear you on this. Even Scorses's masterful hand can't redeem this one. Nor the good acting. I was juuuust able to see it through the Martin's eye towards the end.......then he has to beat me over the head with the crap visual metaphor at the last shot. I was RIGHT THERE, willing to just submit and accept it; then a film that's been limping along on life support anyway hits a brick wall at 5 mph, at the last minute. I'm like, "Rat, cheese, I get it. Wow. Powerful. And stuff. Thanks Scorsese."

I've got my list as well.

Stealth, the top worst movie of all time. If you thought it was good film please don't reproduce.

STINO09(that pathetic excuse for a ST film), Just what was it about? Why all of the ugly ships?

Alien 3, that ended it for me, you should never let actors produce a film made by guys that made a name on MTV.

Jurassic Park, oh lookie dinosaurs on screen. Story do we really need a story?(I read the book first, that was miles above what I saw in the theater).

ST The Wrath of Kahn, When I was younger I liked it. When I saw it at an older age, it came across as stupid. That wasn't ST, damn that GL for ruining ST.

ST Six, ships cool, the story not so much.

2001, it shows Kubrick is far to wrapped up in himself, to make a movie that can communicate the central idea. I have it on blue ray, I only watch a few scenes(models only). But hearing an astronaut breath for 20 minutes, didn't they realize that would put people to sleep. There is more than one reason to have a soundtrack.

2010, was that movie supposed to occur after 2001? It looked like it took place in the 1980's. Just how predicable can a plot get, what makes it worse is nobody had a clue the USSR would have been on the ash-heap of history for 20 years by 2010.

American Graffiti, after watching that film I knew SW was a pure fluke.

Blade Runner, I do like parts of the theatrical release. It looked great, but I hate Ridly Scott's characters(same goes for Alien) way to negative for my taste. He should have stayed an art director.

Clockwork Orange, I don't care if it is some commentary on society. I still didn't like it.

The Crow, boring flick, but then I was getting tired of that type of action flick even back then.

X-Files, series and movies, one big bore.

Gi Joe, all action action action action. To bad they forgot to tell a story that makes any sense at all.

Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, I made the mistake of listening to the BBC radio show years before. I wanted to shout, "quit going on about that g-damn ring! I don't care!" The movie was no different. The Rankin bass cartoon was far better.

This is all I can think of at the moment.
I'll second Batman the Animated series, Conroy puts all the other guys who played Batman to shame(I did like Keaton's take a bit, but for some reason I was expecting him to turn into Beatlejuice).

Star Trek 2009
2001 (the Moon part is good, the rest not so)
The Deer Hunter
The Godfather
Halloween
Ghostbusters

To be honest i don't think i could list them all. I'm sick of the godfather, scarface, halloween, friday the 13th, independence day, 2012, the day after tomorrow, taxi driver. I honestly hate most movies made since the 80s and a lot before but at least the old ones were well written.
Titanic, pearl harbor, avatar. All michael bay movies for that matter.

Last edited:
Bourne(s)
H Potter(s)
Matrix(s)
Mission Impossible(s)
Charlie's Angels(s)
All but a couple Star Trek
4 out of 6 Star Wars
Shrek(s)
All but the first Pirates of..
Transformers(s)
The Fockers(s)
I am Legend
Wall E
The Da Vinci Code
The Day After tomorrow (basically every film he made except Star Gate)
Oceans(s)
The Mummy(s)
All but the first Superman
Borat
Ghostbusters(s)
All Batman movies
Road to Perdition
Con Air
Die Hard 2-?
Narnia(s)
Something About Mary
Monsters Inc

Whew, I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Doug

I gotta hear the reason why you don't like Superman II. I and II are basically written as one movie and in my opinion II is far superior. Please let me know what you loved about Superman I and hated about II.

batman And Robin...Oh wait..Everyone hates it..But to tell you the truth I never really met a movie I didn't like..

Oh my god add me to the list for 2001. It's like I take a whiz, make a sandwich, eat it, wash the plate, come back, and the guy IS STILL JUST FLOATING AROUND BREATHING! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The LOTR Trilogy. I didn't think the books could get any duller until i saw this thing. The harry potter films. The Daniel Craig Bond films.

Godfather, and really most other Mafia movie apart form Goodfellas, which still, even if I like it, has an annoying amount of 'killing people for no reason' in it. And not much a fan of Sopranos either :p for the same reasons. I just hate 'movie-mafia-people'.

"Dances with Wolves" - Dear God, it actually made me root against the Indians. I was so glad when we finally got to an end and they were run off.

"Unforgiven" - I didn't like a single character. "The Kid" has to be one of the most annoying performances I've ever seen. I think I told him to "shut-up" out loud when he was having his repetitive mini breakdown after wasting the guy in the outhouse. Speaking of repetitive, "Duck of death" was funny the first time, not the 20th.

"The Dark Knight" - A Batman movie where Batman is a minor character, and when he does show up, he just gets on my nerves. Nolan needs to stop concentrating on man-woman relationships in his movies, they are always the least interesting part of them (even in "Inception"). I was so glad when Rachel finally blew-up and the actors could stop pretending she was desirable (don't tell me to go watch "Secretary"). Ledger didn't dazzle me. The whole Batman-takes-the-blame thing was not nearly as compelling as the movie liked to think it was.

Blade Runner. So incredibly boring.

TAKE IT BACK

bladerunner_243x298.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back