Movies you hate that everyone else likes

Tombstone. gawd awful. hated the performances, the crappy cinematography, the music, the whole thing. bleah. I thought Wyatt Earp was much better (although certainly not 'great' or 'perfect'.)

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...
Johnny Ringo: My fight's not with you, Holliday.
Doc Holliday: I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?
Johnny Ringo: Oh that. I was just foolin' about.
Doc Holliday: I wasn't.
Doc Holliday: Say when.

Ringo dies

How about Donnie Darko? I saw it a while back and wasn't impressed, even though lots of people were crazy about it and recommended it. Should I give it another chance?

How about Donnie Darko? I saw it a while back and wasn't impressed, even though lots of people were crazy about it and recommended it. Should I give it another chance?

Heck yeah you should give it another chance. I love that one. The most interesting twist on time travel I've seen next to Stephen King's The Langoliers.

Also dislike Bale Batman. Seriously, it's a couple hours of complete utter crap. too much blabbering nonsense, the fights were less than what They could have been. I felt robbed of the hours I put into watching those films.

I didn't hate the Nolan Batman films, but I certainly think they're highly overrated. I never bothered with Begins when it came out, but like most, wanted to see Dark Knight because of Ledger's performance. So when Batman first opens his mouth and speaks in Dark Knight, I almost burst out laughing. Was Christian Bale serious with that obnoxious gravely voice? That's really the best he could come up with? The narrative flow of Dark Knight was really weird too. For the first half of the movie, I swore Two Face was going to be the villain in the next movie. And then it had about 5 or 6 false endings.

Frankly,

I'm surprised that more people don't appreciate the 1990s animated Batman TV series and the movie spin-offs.

Any of those are better than ANY of the live-action Batman films I've seen... Including the James Bondish-Nolan films.

I never bought clever gadgets and black costumes as being what made Batman... let alone an actor I haven't care for in the films I've seen him in.

Kevin Conroy IS Batman!!!!

I sitting here watching Star Trek The Motion Picture, and cannot believe how bad it is. How did Wrath of Kahn ever get made after this turkey?

I sitting here watching Star Trek The Motion Picture, and cannot believe how bad it is. How did Wrath of Kahn ever get made after this turkey?

Because at the time, it made A LOT of money (82 million was nothing to sneeze at in the late 70s- and as an example that was more than 3 times what "Blade Runner" made). Fans went to see it. Non fans went to see it. And to be blunt, it was riding the coattails of the success of Star Wars.

Kevin

Saving Private Ryan and Gladiator. I just thought they were both really trying too hard. I actually almost laughed at the end of Ryan when the old guy fell to his knees. How corny.

Frankly,

I'm surprised that more people don't appreciate the 1990s animated Batman TV series and the movie spin-offs.

Any of those are better than ANY of the live-action Batman films I've seen... Including the James Bondish-Nolan films.

I never bought clever gadgets and black costumes as being what made Batman... let alone an actor I haven't care for in the films I've seen him in.

Kevin Conroy IS Batman!!!!

I agree. The 90s animated is the best Batman ever.

I wouldn't say I hate these films as much as find them HIGHLY overrated:

1.) The Departed. Sorry, but Scorcese should've won for GoodFellas. This film meandered aimlessly and then just pretty much iced everyone at the end for no apparent reason.

2.) Memento. It's a mystery.....BUT IT'S BACKWARDS!!! :lol Well rah rah. You made a "gimmick" movie. Novel technique, but I still don't care.

3.) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. What if they made a kung fu movie, but with talented actors and pretty cinematography? Well, it'd pretty much be "Saturday Afternoon Kung-Fu Theater" with good actors and pretty cinematography. Meh. I'm unimpressed.

4.) Bayformers. I'm sorry, but this movie is a complete piece of s**t. And no, "It's just a popcorn movie!" doesn't change the fact that it is still a complete piece of s**t.

I wouldn't say I hate these films as much as find them HIGHLY overrated:

1.) The Departed. Sorry, but Scorcese should've won for GoodFellas. This film meandered aimlessly and then just pretty much iced everyone at the end for no apparent reason.

2.) Memento. It's a mystery.....BUT IT'S BACKWARDS!!! :lol Well rah rah. You made a "gimmick" movie. Novel technique, but I still don't care.

3.) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. What if they made a kung fu movie, but with talented actors and pretty cinematography? Well, it'd pretty much be "Saturday Afternoon Kung-Fu Theater" with good actors and pretty cinematography. Meh. I'm unimpressed.

4.) Bayformers. I'm sorry, but this movie is a complete piece of s**t. And no, "It's just a popcorn movie!" doesn't change the fact that it is still a complete piece of s**t.

See, that's WHY I love Crouching Tiger...to take something that's usually looked down on as trash and turn it into art, that's a feat. It's part of why I love Kill Bill, as well. From cheesy to poignant, like magic.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Boring.

Eraserhead - Actually, anything by David Lynch.

Mad Max - One of two films I walked out on in my life.

Ghostbusters - The only good thing about it is the Ecto-1.

Home Alone - Pure rubbish.

The Fast and the Furious - Grow up and buy a real car.

Donnie Darko - Maybe "hate" is too strong a word--I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Tolkien was boring and long-winded; so was this movie. Needless to say, I didn't see the sequels.

Avatar - Interesting visuals that distracted most moviegoers from the sub-standard storytelling.

Oh, and add me to the "I hate Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler movies" bandwagon.

Edit 03/05/11: Thought of another one: Scarface - A few memorable lines in an otherwise crap film. Pacino's accent comes and goes quicker than a premature ejaculator on a one-night stand.

Last edited:
you know the more i think about this the more I really think I hate most movies out ther. I guess that's why my DVD collection is only about 40 movies total.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back