Movies you hate that everyone else likes

Ghostbusters. I guess I dont so much hate it as can completely do with out any of them.

Blues Brothers, which probably crushes my husbands soul.

I liked Terminator salvation personally but about 95% of the other people out there did not. Not a very popular movie.

The only thing good that came out of Terminator Salvation, in my point of view, was Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series. And that's only because its a great example of machinima being used as a storytelling device (and as crazy as it may sound, there are people that like the Machinima Series more than they liked the film).

damn near all James cameron movies, T1 being the exception.
Damn near all Tom Hanks movies, Bachelor Party being the exception
ROtJ

Everything with Nick Cage's hair

Another Titanic/Avatar vote here. So maybe not everyone like them. James Cameron figured out the secret recipe of stereotypical, watered down, cheesy characters and plot lines mixed with a $200 million + budget to get the most butts in seats. He's the Thomas Kinkade of filmaking.

Tombstone. gawd awful. hated the performances, the crappy cinematography, the music, the whole thing. bleah. I thought Wyatt Earp was much better (although certainly not 'great' or 'perfect'.)

I would say Avatar, but I don't think anyone really like it.

Most of the movies I really wouldn't say "hate," but I don't get why they are as popular as they are.

Nolan's Batman flims - Dark Knight at least had Heath Ledger's amazing performance.

Inception. It just wasn't that good.

Pulp Fiction.

Star Trek IV - this seems to be the most popular Trek movie. (In all honesty, outside of ST2TWOK, they all seem to be pretty mediorce, TNG films being the worst. I liked the JJ Trek a lot).

He's the Thomas Kinkade of filmaking.

Cameron bashing is fine, but Kinkade is a nice dude. I've met him twice and he has been very modest and kind. His work may not be groundbreaking but it's refreshing to see a few older styles kicking around and art that is at home in a nice classy house.

But then again I loved the Thomas Cole and Ashcan stuff and Remington and Russel and such so cliche is probably right up my alley.:lol

Hell the second time I saw Kinkade, he was making a sketch of the courthouse from down the street during the Art Festival in his kind of rough painting stuff. As I noticed who it was, some dude gave him a dollar because he thought the guy was a street artist! It took me a bit to wipe the grin off my face before I could walk over and say hi.

Another vote for all LOTR movies. But most of all, The Matrix movies. What I hated the most about those movies is the people that felt they had to sit me down and explain it to me. I got it, but they still are still terrible.

Star Trek (2009)
I'm a trekkie, film lover and a supporter for change, but I hated Star Trek (2009). I like progressive Trek, not backtracking Trek. I never wanted the old Trek back, so saying that this film sticks true to the original does nothing for me, and even that I'll debate. Freaking Uhura. How can anyone say that she's 150% more important than the original? Her portrayal was an insult.

Also dislike Bale Batman. Seriously, it's a couple hours of complete utter crap. too much blabbering nonsense, the fights were less than what They could have been. I felt robbed of the hours I put into watching those films.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back