Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
Subscribe
    From
    San Diego
    Feb 3, 2017, 10:42 AM - Re: Movies you hate that everyone else likes #426

dascoyne said: View Post
    Unbreakable. It seems like material for a good Twilight Zone episode but I expect more from a whole movie.
    Thats probably one of the best comic book movies ever made. Such a good movie.

In the horror genre, I watched "It Follows" and "The Witch" the other day. My god. Can just any shlub give reviews anywhere on line now? Cause both of them had high rotten tomato reviews, one was hailed at sundance as being super good, and even Buzzfeed listed them both as top horror movies of the last decade. They were both AWFUL. The Witch was a chore to sit through, Im surprised I didnt turn it off, and It follows didnt even follow its own in universe rules, and was asinine. I hated that I paid money for one. If the witch comes out on netflix soon Im going to be pissed.
    From
    Palo Alto, CA
    Feb 3, 2017, 10:47 AM - Re: Movies you hate that everyone else likes #427

Snikt said: View Post
    Thats probably one of the best comic book movies ever made. Such a good movie.

In the horror genre, I watched "It Follows" and "The Witch" the other day. My god. Can just any shlub give reviews anywhere on line now? Cause both of them had high rotten tomato reviews, one was hailed at sundance as being super good, and even Buzzfeed listed them both as top horror movies of the last decade. They were both AWFUL. The Witch was a chore to sit through, Im surprised I didnt turn it off, and It follows didnt even follow its own in universe rules, and was asinine. I hated that I paid money for one. If the witch comes out on netflix soon Im going to be pissed.
    Of the two I saw It Follows and I would agree that it's overrated. Conceptually it's an interesting premise which leads to some novel opportunities for suspense but that's about it. The most annoying aspect is that the characters, as with many horror films, don't have common sense to figure out simple things to protect themselves or they conveniently leave themselves vulnerable when any normal person would know better. Folks I trust say "The Witch" is bad so I didn't watch it.
    From
    San Diego
    Feb 3, 2017, 3:49 PM - Re: Movies you hate that everyone else likes #428

dascoyne said: View Post
    Of the two I saw It Follows and I would agree that it's overrated. Conceptually it's an interesting premise which leads to some novel opportunities for suspense but that's about it. The most annoying aspect is that the characters, as with many horror films, don't have common sense to figure out simple things to protect themselves or they conveniently leave themselves vulnerable when any normal person would know better. Folks I trust say "The Witch" is bad so I didn't watch it.
    Yes, the characters were indeed annoying, but Im not a fan of establishing the in universe rules of something, then completely ignoring them later on. Also, keep trusting those folks cause The Witch was boring, annoying, and the only scare came from a damn jump scare, because I had my rad new surround sound turned way up, I think I jumped cause of the sheer volume. Dont watch that trash man. Dont.
    From
    Northern Colorado
    Mar 5, 2017, 4:47 PM - Movies you hate that everyone else likes #429

Everything Christopher Nolan has ever done. Heavy emphasis on the Batman movies and Inception. Interstellar was ok until Nolan's trademarked over the top ending. I find his movies to be overhyped, hipster garbage.

Sorry to resurrect a dead one folks. Didn't see the date until after my rant.