TDK joker my cosplay

joker loves bat

this is my joker cosplay hope you like it and tell me what can be improved
im a girl so will not cut my hair it have to be a wig ^^
makeup tips would i love

pics will be found on my profile
check them out ^^

Have any full body pics? It would be nice to see it head to toe. From what I can see it looks great! Love the hair too!

thanks so much i will be better thought
get a better costume maybe magnoli i love his costume
and a better wig
and better makeup too owo
the hair is a little hard because im a girl and dont cut my hair so a wig it is

Hi, I see you go by severus-snapelo on cosplay.com.

I replied to your inquiries there about my wig, but I'm not sure that you can see them without re-opening the pictures. I attempted to send you a private message there in response, but you have that feature disabled on your profile there.

The hair for my joker costume is a lace-front wig.
The advantage for using a lace front is that you can alter the hairline by carefully plucking the hair-wefts and then trimming the lace.

original wig:
Photoon2010-07-07at1419.jpg

Hairline / lace modification and cut:
Photoon2010-07-07at1600.jpg

Final wig:
Photoon2010-07-07at16502.jpg

I purchased my wig locally: From a beauty supply store (usually the Black demographic beauty stores will carry the front-lace wig, as it is a rather popular style for women of the black community)

Hi, I see you go by severus-snapelo on cosplay.com.

I replied to your inquiries there about my wig, but I'm not sure that you can see them without re-opening the pictures. I attempted to send you a private message there in response, but you have that feature disabled on your profile there.

The hair for my joker costume is a lace-front wig.
The advantage for using a lace front is that you can alter the hairline by carefully plucking the hair-wefts and then trimming the lace.

original wig:
Photoon2010-07-07at1419.jpg

Hairline / lace modification and cut:
Photoon2010-07-07at1600.jpg

Final wig:
Photoon2010-07-07at16502.jpg

I purchased my wig locally: From a beauty supply store (usually the Black demographic beauty stores will carry the front-lace wig, as it is a rather popular style for women of the black community)

Actually lace front wigs were first developed for use by cancer patients who suffer from hair-loss from their chemo-therapy treatments. The wigs became so popular for doing such a good job of hiding and blending in with a natural like hairline weather one was present or not. This trick was eventually picked up by Hollywood and used widely in Tv and movies as a more natural looking option to change an actors hair for a role. After all that, lace front wigs were eventually made more available to everyday consumers and beauty suppliers. These wigs are available in a variety of different places that sell beauty and hair supplies including shops, salons, and various stores online...

The point being that you can find these type of wig products in more places than just a "Black Demographic beauty store". Because many more people than just the "women of the Black Community" find these products popular and useful

Actually lace front wigs were first developed for use by cancer patients who suffer from hair-loss from their chemo-therapy treatments. The wigs became so popular for doing such a good job of hiding and blending in with a natural like hairline weather one was present or not. This trick was eventually picked up by Hollywood and used widely in Tv and movies as a more natural looking option to change an actors hair for a role. After all that, lace front wigs were eventually made more available to everyday consumers and beauty suppliers. These wigs are available in a variety of different places that sell beauty and hair supplies including shops, salons, and various stores online...

The point being that you can find these type of wig products in more places than just a "Black Demographic beauty store". Because many more people than just the "women of the Black Community" find these products popular and useful

Thanks for expanding on the origins of front lace wigs:
But, I am confused by the tone of your message... Perhaps it's lost in translation but I sense hostility because of my specific example?

Perhaps some context is in order:
As a cosplayer, I am a VERY tactile shopper. Generally, I will not buy a product unless I have seen it and held it first-hand... and can buy it out-right. That being said, I avoid online wig stores... a resource already discussed in this thread.

Costume shop wigs are generally very cheap, using low quality construction and materials... so I had to find another alternative.

Aside from organizations (like Locks for Love) or other Hair Loss specialization companies, I am not aware of any Beauty Supply stores in the Central Florida area that sell cosmetic quality wigs (to a non hair-loss patient clientele)... Aside from what I note below...

What I noticed in my research, was that the only stores which sold wigs of the quality I was looking for, were established in or around heavily black populated communities. Signage, demographically targeted advertising, geographic location, even store names (Like "Ebony Beauty Supply") All pointed to geographic, demographic targeting. This is not a bad thing, it is a fact that there are demographic communities, and the (predominantly Korean) shop-owners were intelligent to establish their businesses in/around this communities. I am not trying to imply anything derogatory, it is simple- well grounded observation.

Now, that my only example used "Black Demographic" areas as a visual marker, has helped MANY other cosplayers in my hometown understand what to look for, as most other beauty supply chains (that are located within predominantly white communities) Do not have those kinds of resources (Sally's/ ULTA/ Malls/etc). I realize it is almost shameful that the example is so rudimentary (and perhaps you find... derogatory)... However it is silly in my mind, to presume that it is not true, and that it is not the best way to get the idea across. (At least for this particular area/ instance which IS connected)
I was merely attempting to give the thread OP a significant and invariably easy means to locate a venue to purchase wigs of high quality, locally, cheaply.

Hope that clears up my logic and intent if you were somehow offended.

Last edited:
Very well said. I definetly see your point of view on this subject. You seem like an intelligent and well informed individual, especially when it comes to trying to find the right pieces for your costumes. You have a lot of good information there, you definetly should have elaborated on the subject a little bit more from the beginning. Mabey help show in more depth, your reasoning for finding the type of products your looking for in demographically black areas.

Having lived in the city and varies places in the north east, I am totally aware of the hair/beauty shops that your refering to. In fact what you said in your response is pretty spot on. You obviously have spent a good amount of time researching and looking for the type of wigs your seeking. My only issue was the way you went about describing it. Having now seen you talk more on the subject, it is clear you know what your looking for. You have some good info there, mabey more details is what it would take to keep stuff from getting crossed or misunderstood.

That said to be honest the wig does look pretty friggin' sweet (y)thumbsup... And looks scary close to Jokers look from the film. Hope this wont slow up your work on the costume. Your off to a good start, i would like to see some more progress and will be watching this thread. Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view, and I hope i was able to do the same.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back