RC Sand Crawler

Shadowknight

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, here's my Randy Cooper Sand Crawler. Since it isn't SS, I just figured that I would get the jist of the look and not go crazy trying to nail all the little paint details. I didn't glue the tracks on because I broke a few and now I take them off when I move the model around, so you will see them moved around from shot to shot.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0015_a.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

More pics here:
Sand Crawler pictures by teelasher - Photobucket

Let me know what you guys think.

Great work TJ! Nice work with the rusty weathering! Takes an age to do but it makes a world of difference! The lighting looks very effective as well, your a bit neatter than I was with the wiring. Thanks again for your help last year with the B wing parts. I've just dug her out of the box again and I've started to finish her off. Your second B wing build has encouraged me to have another go. Guess I'm about 85% there with the build and its just lighting and a paint job now.

I've heard (read) this Model is not easy to build ?!
Andre

I wouldn't do it again. :lol

Thanks again for your help last year with the B wing parts. I've just dug her out of the box again and I've started to finish her off. Your second B wing build has encouraged me to have another go. Guess I'm about 85% there with the build and its just lighting and a paint job now.

No problem on the parts, I can't wait to see your finished b-wing.

Thanks to all for the kind words. The lights were a bit of a pain, but well worth it I think. Lots of led's.

Beautiful build. When I first saw Star Wars in the theater at age 7 in '77, two of the biggest imprints it made on me were how scary the Tusken Raiders were, and how cool the sandcrawler was. I've almost bought this kit several times.

Shadowknight,

great overall effect: The lighting, especially the yellow lights, really adds to the scale and presence of the model. Do you plan to have a base or stand for it?

Thanks,
Barry

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back