Anh Imperial Cruiser - Star Destroyer Devestator

jawsmodels

Sr Member
Heres my ANH Star Destroyer Devestator I have started.
Is a long term project.
Im not fast at building by any means.
I will be casting all original parts used on this model for other builders to have access to.
I will also be posting all Base Plans for each section as I move through it.
I have started by making some ruff mock ups with spare styrene(if there is such a thing).
Sized pictures up to actual kit parts works well & will use this technique for most of the build as i have with the Galactica.
I will also make a full Kit List with Kit Box art included for easy reference.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Re: Anh star destroyer devestator

Wow .. what a great initiative Omes!! Hopefully, you'll keep at this project and we'll have access to resin parts to do our own!! I'd sure be really interested in this!!!

:thumbsup

Thanks fellas much appreciated.
I will have another update in the next day or so.
Am waiting for some kits as we do.
Was very lucky to score a OOP kit thats used on the face.
Is very rare & hard to come by.

Eric there is not a day I don't visit your Blog & check your build out mate.
Its truly beautiful & a massive inspiration as all your projects are.
Thanks for your contributions to the art.:thumbsup

Thanks. Will have an update in next couple of days. Am working on some new Parts Maps for the ID Thread & roughing out the frame & superstructure. Have found alot of parts from the kits I have & am sure will find a heap more with whats coming.

I like how you're doing this Jason: "A devastator in every home. Even you can build one!"

It really could be pretty easy to make with cast parts and accurate drawings. Thanks!

Ok just a small update. Have started going through my kits looking for parts. Just a couple of pieces left on the Bridge face that should arrive this week. Think I found the last Aurora USB Iowa on the planet :love
I still have lots of parts Ive found still in their boxes which I will add to the slowly growing bowl of donor parts.
Have to save some money :rolleyes so will concentrate more on the structure for a while.
Thanks for looking.

You're gonna make me cry, this is such an exciting idea. I am all verklempt.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Here's a topic:

The Blockade Runner was neither a blockade, nor a runner. Discuss.

snl101myersrichman010704.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words & feedback. Waiting for kits & got screwed on the deal. Merchant tried to charge me $140 shipping on the Heller Task Force kit :lol Clown. So have to find another for a better deal.
Have started working on the neck templates. Using kit pieces I measuerd their length & width then used Adobe Photoshop to size up photos to match kit sizes. I used the ruler tool to do this as shown in the second & third pictures. It works quite well. I then print up the section at the same size & thats my template :wacko It works. Makes doing the scibe paterns easy aswell. Update soon.
Thanks for looking.

Wow, fantastic work Jase, great job laying up & positioning the parts!.
Yeah, some merchants really try it on with the postage sometimes, trying to make an even bigger buck for themselves. I got stung for 90 BP (pounds) postage once for a 1/24th harrier, no deal, max should have been 30 BP!.
Stu

Sorry to go OT for a second , but airfix has just released the 1/24 harrier / falklands version. Does anyone know if it has the same parts / tooling as the original one?

Bump!
Am still on this build(aswell as several others....)
Have sunk into heavy research now as I really want to get this right & be my contribution to the SS building community.
I scaled up the picture of the Devestator from the bottom & printed it out. I then painstacingly joined all the pieces up until I got it all laid out :love
OOOh this baby is big! Am just having alot of fun with this right now.
So I know this is not perfect but iys pretty damn close to as good as it gets.
So now the back end & to get that I wanted to use the ol L'eggz Eggs measure up. Which I didn't have any of until winning 14 of the lil buggers today :love That should do me :lol
Once I have them I will scale up the back end as accurately as possible & start making some plans for the Acrylics to get cut. That will help me design the frame to accurately represent the real frame used on the studio model.
The person who put the measurements on the Under picture was pretty much spot on. Thanks. More updates shortly
The first 2 pictures are what I used to determine as closely as possible the 7Rad parts positioning. That is what I used to determine that I had scaled it up to the right dims.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back