Thread No Longer Active

Graphic Jordan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello RPF'ers

Those who have followed my past builds know this is my second foam suit.

This time around I am using 4mm thick eva foam rubber.

It's more durable, smoother and easier to work with.

I have bought better tools this time.

And I am taking my sweet time as this project has no due date unlike the last suit which was due by Halloween.

I plan on fully enclosing my neck, stomach area, hands and feet this time around.

I have already started on my bicep piece last night that I plan on finishing tonight or tomorrow. Pics will be up when that happens.

Thanks,
Graphic J

For now on I'm putting most recent pics on first post also just in case those start from the first page...

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Last edited:
Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build

Hey guys. Not the biggest update but an update none the less.

This is the bicep so far. NOT FINISHED.

As you see I've done a curved upper part similar to how Don Roberts and Cyback have done there bicep pieces. This is for the shoulder bell to be mounted too.

As you can also see I've used way less pieces this time around to make the shoulder. I plan on smoothing the seams incase you're wondering.

I am also taking a bit of creative liberty in the design this time around. Simplifying where it's best and adding detail when appropriate.

Will post finished piece tonight.

Pics.

PhotoFeb1785309AM.jpg

PhotoFeb1785206AM.jpg

PhotoFeb1785151AM.jpg

PhotoFeb1785507AM.jpg

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - NEW PICS 02/17

Thanks again guys.

Amish... I am both eyeing/using pep in a different way to obtain this look. I also commissioned someone to tweak some files to make things more foam friendly and accurate.

I will post more pics tonight. I've finished the bicep and have the shoulder pretty much done.

Is the foam getting its shape from being bent then glued to other parts or is there heat involved?

No heat involved. Everything is done with slits cut out then reglued to form curves. I believe the explanation is in the photos themselves.

As promised I present to you. Progress Pics.

Please note I customized the shoulder bell a bit and made it smaller as most Hot Toys and screen shots I've seen the shoulder is a bit smaller than my last builds was. It pivots on it's own as you can see.

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Shoulder and Bicep Complete! 02/19

That looks freaking sweet GJ!
Loving the work. How are you preparing it afterwards?

Hey Mike,

Guessing on your real name there.

I plan on applying a thin layer of bondo to the seams and then sanding down smooth.
I am then priming with the same primer Don Roberts uses. I forget the name but I have it written down somewhere.

Beyond that I will probably use a paint made for plastic/rubber or maybe even automotive grade stuff.

GraphicJ

Thats pretty cool. Yeah my name is Mykii.

Are you bondoing the whole thing or just the seams?

As said, do love it. Must be light as anything haha

Just the seams. Very thin layer which will all but be sanded off. Just filling in any little cracks that may form.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back