Thread No Longer Active

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Arm Complete - 2/20

I had no idea that eva foam could be used to such detail. Excellent work, I'd love to see some more photos on how you did this exactly. Also what foam did you use?

really excited about the chest, great job!

Last edited:

Sorry guys I didn't get a chance to finish it last night. All the details are taking more time than expected.

Can't wait to see the new pics...fun watching your progress. Looks great!

Here you go guys/girls....

THe chest pics. Please note the quality sucks and I couldn't get any upclose shots of the details. Plus it's really hard to take pics of the chest as it connects to the back and wraps and holds itself that way. So positioning is off a bit.

Like all other pieces additional detail will be put on later.

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Chest Pics Up - 2/26

Worth the wait for sure,such beautiful work!
Such clean lines and smooth result,this armor will be a work of art!
Fantastic!!!!

and by the way ... don better keep an eye on his 6 cuz your bout to do a fly by the way them skills are growing

:lol its good to know people here are getting better. way to go! don't worry donrobert just graduated from that. he's into something else now... wait after March 5. :rolleyes

Master of the Foam. Thanks but I think the title should be reserved for Don Roberts.

:lol thanks jordan. great job man! its way better than your 1st suit which is good because it meant you've improved. and the foam now is way better.

is that primed because its gray already?

(y)thumbsup two thumbs up. DR approves. :cool

it's soooo detailed!! this is awesome man, simply awesome
:thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks guys! And the foam is gray. It hasn't been primed yet.

ic.

DR just joked now, you should take a vacation, DR Industries will go bankrupt with you. :lol

we're very happy we serve as an inspiration to people here. and giving us credit for the idea is enough for us. :cool:thumbsup

we'll keep watch of this. keep it up jordan. :)

I lol'ed at the "master of foam" coz I've thought of He-Man master of the universe. ha-ha-ha!

Dude, that chest piece is sexy! Although, do have to say, why have you molded some human hands onto it? Bit unusual but will have to see how they look on the finished model.

Good work buddy :p

Wow. Has DR passed his skills unto you somehow sir Jordan? It looks killer part by part!

Would love to look at the link Jordan, but for some reason I keep getting the 'You can't view this' page, Maybe because I havent been here for 45 days yet haha

Update Time!

I built what I like to call the collarbone neck plating spine top part... LOL

As you can see I had to use a tank top over my shirt to simulate what the armor will do to it.. aka keep it flat to my upper chest and upper back. The shirt covered some of the top of the back... and it will sit a bit higher when I actually have it under the finished chest and back.

I also put some photo of it separate. The tape is only temp until I install a velcro system to take it on and off. It goes on before the chest/back come on.

Love your feedback guys. Thanks for all the support!

Oh yeah and I said it once and I'll say it again. All seams will be covered and sanded down to get more of a consistent look across each piece... and grooves will be added later as well.

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Collar plate, Neck and Top Spine Pics - 3/03

This looks beautiful!
Love it, GJ. Will you be making a neck to go with it over the top or is this the final neck?

Would love to see you in the whole thing so far too!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back