Thread No Longer Active

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Arm Complete - 2/20

Master of the Foam. Thanks but I think the title should be reserved for Don Roberts.

damn sir jordan that's killer! your skills are getting better and better! :) jealous much :$

Thanks! I am dreading doing it all over again on the other arm. So I kinda want to move to another area ha ha.

AMAZING JOB!!!!!

Where did you find 4mm think eva foam? Ive searched so many stores and they normally carry 2mm, or 6mm. Did you find it online?

What type of glue you using? Super glue or hot glue?

Again amazning job! I will be following this thread for sure! :) :) :)

Don't care what you do next as long as you show pictures of it ... I would like to see the abs and feet done ... or perhaps the neck seal ... no matter you manage to accomplish a lot with what seems like such little effort ... "knowing that is probably not true" .. you make it look so easy ... "keep on keeping on" ...

and by the way ... don better keep an eye on his 6 cuz your bout to do a fly by the way them skills are growing

Wow you guys are being too kind.

I started prepping the chest last night. hope to start on that soon. Perhaps Thursday I can get a start.

I use hot glue.

and it is far from easy to build this way. Very tedious.

Got the 4mm online.... fleabay.

Started the chest last night. Plan on finishing it tonight or tomorrow night. Will post pictures then.

BTW does anyone have any good tuts or vendors for the triangular arc reactor? I have ooodles of tutorials for the rounded version but nothing for the triangular. I don't want to break the bank also.

Sweet, chest piece would rock!

Maybe for the Triangular piece is to just watch the film a few times and get some still frames. Then possibly as well, just design your own triangular arc reactor. Although, come to think about it Tony has a circular one in the film it is just the armor that has the triangle.

yeah I can't find any tuts on the triangular reactor either ... the reactor itself is circular but it has a triangular design on the reactors lens piece ... the toy one is similar but still really lame ... I am thinking of maybe etching the design out of a thin piece of aluminum or something when I create my reactor ... but other then that use something like what the tuts online show to create the mark three reactor ... hey jordan how deep are you planning to make the reactor socket in your chest piece ... or do you just kind of eye ball it?

I am making the recessed area about 1.5 - 2" in depth. I will then leave a hole in the center of the backside of recessed area for the battery lines to run.

yeah I can't find any tuts on the triangular reactor either ... the reactor itself is circular but it has a triangular design on the reactors lens piece ... the toy one is similar but still really lame ... I am thinking of maybe etching the design out of a thin piece of aluminum or something when I create my reactor ... but other then that use something like what the tuts online show to create the mark three reactor ... hey jordan how deep are you planning to make the reactor socket in your chest piece ... or do you just kind of eye ball it?

Thanks dynamo. You haven't seen anything yet. This suit is going to kill my last foam suit.

Hey Chim. I really, really hope to get the chest finished tonight.

And by finished I mean the rough forms like the arm... I will go over entire suit with a wood burner to put in lines/grooves.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back