1:1000 scale TMP Enterprise

Eric Ardros

Sr Member
But it's not the one you think. Perhaps some of the more veteran Trekkies here will recognize it.

This one came out in 1980, long before Polar Lights release theirs, only one year after The Motion Picture came out in theatres. Oh, and it was made in Hong Kong:

Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 01
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 02
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 03
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 04
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 05
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 06
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 07
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 08

Of course, the stickers/decals aren't in any way accurate to the ship signage used on the filming model, but that aside I have to say I'm rather impressed with all the detail they were able to put into it.

And it does look pretty accurate overall.

Anyway, this came to me from a friend who'd bought and put it together shortly after the first film came out. Last time I was over at his place we were looking at his Star Trek collection (no props, just typical memorabilia) and he asked me if I could refinish it to better look like the screen-used model.

I told him honestly I didn't know when I'd be able to get it done, what with the other projects I seriously need to finish up first, but I would get around to it when I had the chance.

First thing I have to do is remove the old stickers/decals and then give it a thorough washing, as it's been sitting in a smoker's home for the last 32 years. Gawd only knows how much nicotine build-up there is, lol. I'll post pics once I get further along with it.

Um... well, I already took off the stickers/decals:

Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 09
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 10
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 11
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 12
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 13
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 14

Haven't done anything else with it, but what's done is done.

Besides, the stickers/decals were incomplete (not all there), so perhaps I can find some suitable replacements somewhere.

I figure my friend had no idea how valuable these had become, lol. Any idea of their value nowadays? The page you linked to just said "they are pricey and hard to find now".

Um... well, I already took off the stickers/decals:

Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 09
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 10
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 11
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 12
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 13
Misc. 1:1000 TMP Ent -- Pic 14

Haven't done anything else with it, but what's done is done.

Besides, the stickers/decals were incomplete (not all there), so perhaps I can find some suitable replacements somewhere.

I figure my friend had no idea how valuable these had become, lol. Any idea of their value nowadays? The page you linked to just said "they are pricey and hard to find now".

Difficult to say how much it could be worth now,but in 1996,I guess some people were willing to pay 200 to 225 dollars for one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back