Mister Rogers' Neighborhood - Trolley and the Puppets

I did a castle, but while cleaning the house (I have a family of horders), my sister must have thrown it out unknowingly.

Time to start from scratch. :/

Did you ever manage to work on sculpting any of the puppets to sell?
I decided to sell my Fred Rogers personal owned sweater in the JY
But if it doesn't sell, maybe I will make the display I had planned, and I would love to include a puppet it two. That would look great.

Last edited:
I've been on other fourms before that say they don't want you bumping an old thread, but I couldn't find anything like that here. but the reason I'm bumping Is to say I've been trying to create 3d models of the neighborhood and different things to get them 3d printed, but the cost for the neighborhood model sized props from the kitchen are so expensive but I have a trolley and a king Friday kit sent to imaterialise I tried to have the trolley printed, but I don't know if it's gonna work there was an error that some of the walls wernt thick enough, so we'll see

Just found this thread. I love MRN. It was a staple in my household as a kid. Always wanted to have my own Trolley. Does anyone know if there is a replica Trolley out there??? This sounds like a great project if not.

Dave :)

It's not really a replica, but I decided to build a Lady Elaine-like puppet that looked like Dr. Smith from "Lost in Space." I've been a puppet designer and builder for the last 20 years but had never built a glove-style puppet before (I mainly build hand and rod puppets like Muppets). Anyway, here are some in=progress pics of the sculpt, the finished puppet and a link to him in action... using a background I found on the web that may or may not be a build from one of you guys. If so, I apologize!

IMG_2793.jpgIMG_2794.jpgIMG_2850.jpg

Link to a short test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucs0j3VK2Tc

One of these days, I want to build an X the Owl.

So, I know this is a really old thread, but this last week, I got a fire under me to finally start building the Neighborhood of Make Believe puppets. I finished the first prototype for X the Owl puppet last night. I’ve been a professional puppet builder for the last 15 ywars or so, but there’s aboriginal a learning curve for me using these materials and building this style of puppet (I typically build Henson-style hand and rid puppets).

Anyway, I’m going to start posting progress videos at www.xtheowlfiles.com as I refine the final puppet. X, at least, is 95% stuff that you can get.at your local Joann’s, do it will be interesting to see other people possibly builfibf these puppets along with me. After X, I plan to build some of the other puppets, so it should be a lot if fun with a lot of interesting challenges.

Enjoy’

I'm not sure if it's still on display, but when I went to Pittsburgh last year, we stopped in to the Heinz History Center and they had several pieces from the Neighborhood on display. It was pretty cool.

IMG_6129.jpegIMG_6144.jpegIMG_6143.jpegIMG_6132.jpegIMG_6131.jpegIMG_6130.jpegIMG_6124.jpegIMG_6125.jpegIMG_6126.jpegIMG_6145.jpeg

I'm not sure if it's still on display, but when I went to Pittsburgh last year, we stopped in to the Heinz History Center and they had several pieces from the Neighborhood on display. It was pretty cool.

View attachment 834848View attachment 834853View attachment 834852View attachment 834851View attachment 834850View attachment 834849View attachment 834845View attachment 834846View attachment 834847View attachment 834854
You just liked my post above about the sweater I had and it alerted me about this thread. I think you just ripped open an old wound.... I sold the sweater off a few years back and I am kicking myself these days. :( :(

I believe that's a permanent display. What's odd is that some of the items there are toy versions, not the originals, such as the Trolley and King Friday (although that is the actual castle). Other original items are on display at the Fred Rogers Center in Latrobe including one of full-sized Trolleys is there. I've been trying to figure out how many were made.

What I find interesting about the new film is that the puppets, sets and Neighborhood Trolley were all meticulously rebuilt from scratch. They did amazing work.

Im on a TROLLEY kick.... Im told it was custom....but..this looks close enough to Modify. Probably used for the original.

s-l1600.jpg

1574568138628.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back