Trek Continuity?

Mola Rob

Sr Member
I posted this over on the TPZ but thought I would throw it up for discussion here as well.

I received season one of TOS on Blu-ray for Christmas. I haven't watched some of these episodes for awhile and after watching The Menagerie I noticed a few things I either never noticed or forgot about.

Spock served with Captain Pike for 11 years, 4 months, and 5 days. The Menagerie takes place 13 years before this episode so this would mean Kirk took over from Pike about 1 1/2 years before The Menagerie took place. That is if Spock stayed with Pike until the end (I don't think Spock would be capable of leaving his Captain).

Before going in to see Pike Commodore Mendez asks Kirk if he ever met Pike and Kirk says he met him when Pike was promoted to Fleet Captain. Mendez then says "About your age, a big handsome man, vital, active." This would have made him about 21 years old when he was Captain of the Enterprise?

The survey ship SS Columbia crashed on Talos IV 18 years before the events of The Cage, 31 years before the events in The Menagerie. We can assume warp drive technology had not been invented according to comments by Lieutenant Tyler in the survivor’s encampment and Captain Pike aboard the Enterprise. Tyler mentions that the time barrier had been broken to the unreal survivors and when addressing the crew earlier Pike says "our time warp factor, 7". So it looks like we can conclude that warp drive technology was invented only thirty years or so before Captain Kirk took command of the Enterprise. This makes the events of Metamorphosis, First Contact, and Enterprise a bunch of baloney.

Who cares about continuity when chicks like these exists...

Yeoman-Colt-star-trek-women-8633882-713-600.jpg

I love how the pleasure planet assumes the secret behind Don Juan's success with women was rape.

Larry, how many Terabyte of chick pics, apparently neatly sorted by either hotness, show, name, prop and potential crossreferencing have you amassed over the years ?!

Believe it or not, I don't have anything of the sort. TOS babes are all catalogued neatly, old skool, in my head from watching the things for forty years!

Many a school bus ride from basketball game or choral concert or similar trip was spent discussing the various charms of Kirk's women with my like-minded friends.

When characters are traveling at warp making timelines fit perfect isn't always going to work.

No kidding huh? It might have something to do with no one paying attention to previous episodes as well. :lol

Strange thing is how this has turned into a babe thread. Must be related to more warp problems.

Here's my personal favorite...

Last edited:
Also, when looking up that extremely hot yeoman from "Operation: Annihilate," I discovered something interesting:

maurishkataliaferro.jpg

"Maurishka Taliaferro, credited on-screen as Maurishka, may be one of the most historically significant guest-stars in Trek history. Maurishka was an exotic and successful model that was a huge fan of the series, who used her clout to get herself a role on the show itself, the relatively unmemorable Yeoman Zahra. What was even more amazing is, this was all the way back in 'Operation: Annihilate,' the last episode of the very first season!

"Maurishka was the first celebrity to use their clout to get a cameo role on Star Trek, a category that would later include Mick Fleetwood, Whoopi Goldberg, the Rock, and Tyler Perry."

Also, when looking up that extremely hot yeoman from "Operation: Annihilate," I discovered something interesting:

maurishkataliaferro.jpg

"Maurishka Taliaferro, credited on-screen as Maurishka, may be one of the most historically significant guest-stars in Trek history. Maurishka was an exotic and successful model that was a huge fan of the series, who used her clout to get herself a role on the show itself, the relatively unmemorable Yeoman Zahra. What was even more amazing is, this was all the way back in 'Operation: Annihilate,' the last episode of the very first season!

"Maurishka was the first celebrity to use their clout to get a cameo role on Star Trek, a category that would later include Mick Fleetwood, Whoopi Goldberg, the Rock, and Tyler Perry."

And don't forget - Christian Slater, John Tesh and little Stevie Hawking. She actually looks like the new Uhura

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back