Trek Continuity?

I gave up trying to figure out how the Enterprise could be only be 20 years old in Star Trek III, it hurt my brain.

Another green babe:

OS.jpg

I gave up trying to figure out how the Enterprise could be only be 20 years old in Star Trek III, it hurt my brain.

It's like flight hours on an airframe.

Calculated warp hours on the spaceframe.

All can be explained quite well with a good BS line. :thumbsup

Hmmm... I've come up with a few theories myself:

1. Admiral Morrow was mistaken.

2. He was actually from a planet where the years are different that Earth years (as most planets should be). On his planet, one year was closer to two Earth years. That year, he celebrated his 25th birthday.

3. He was actually referring to Shatner's hair piece... which was also nicknamed "The Enterprise."

4. He wasn't a very bright guy that only got the job because he was appointed by the President, who he had pictures of engaged in an affair with the Tellarite ambassador. It wasn't the ethics of the affair that embarrassed the President... it was just because Tellarites are so ugly that he was ashamed.

5. He was actually from the alternate JJ-verse... where in that timeline, the Enterprise would have been about 20 years old.

These are all pretty horrible theories.

Apparently, there are two sorts of dudes on the RPF: Those who want to debate chrono-kinetic time displacement and what it means vis-a-vis the "prime" time-stream, and those who think DUDE, YEOMAN LAWTON WAS ONLY SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD AND ASSIGNED TO THE FLAGSHIP!

lawton.jpg

"Charlie X," everybody. Yeoman Rand introduces her to Charlie because she thought he might like someone "his own age." CHARLIE'S SEVENTEEN! WHAT WAS GOING ON IN STARFLEET?

This actually never bothered me, even as a kid. Science officer Spock is briefly in the command structure. He says the Vulcan equivalent of no thanks and returns to Sciences but Kirk, loyal human cantankerous git that he is retains him as First Officer as well; he's not demoted in rank but retains science blue as a Vulcan point being made.

Even the worst episodes have something worth looking at:

f1727dd2.png

Sometimes you have to look quickly:

4720f663.png

Apparently, there are two sorts of dudes on the RPF: Those who want to debate chrono-kinetic time displacement and what it means vis-a-vis the "prime" time-stream, and those who think DUDE, YEOMAN LAWTON WAS ONLY SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD AND ASSIGNED TO THE FLAGSHIP!

lawton.jpg

"Charlie X," everybody. Yeoman Rand introduces her to Charlie because she thought he might like someone "his own age." CHARLIE'S SEVENTEEN! WHAT WAS GOING ON IN STARFLEET?

Maybe she meant closer to his age... as Rand is in her 30's and this girl didn't need to be filmed with Vaseline all over the lense.

God bless William Ware Theiss.
TOS definitely had some babes.. as for continuity, it gets worse when you read the compiled story versions of the episodes. For example, in those, at the end of Operation Annihilate instead of deploying sattelites to destroy the creatures, they fire something into the star and cause it to go supernova. :lol
Which reminds me.. I need to dig that book out again, I always liked those compiled versions of Trek stories. :p

full.jpg

From the website I ganked this: "Majel Barrett was once a science hottie with a steely gaze and an icy appeal. Then she had to ruin it by taking up nursing, blonding out, and getting all gooey over Spock." Awesome!

full.jpg

From the website I ganked this: "Majel Barrett was once a science hottie with a steely gaze and an icy appeal. Then she had to ruin it by taking up nursing, blonding out, and getting all gooey over Spock." Awesome!

Yep.
I wish the network execs not shot Number One down.
That would have been a helluva character way ahead of it's time.

Yep.
I wish the network execs not shot Number One down.
That would have been a helluva character way ahead of it's time.
Well, according to Justman and Solow, the old line about them not liking a strong female character is bunk. In fact, the execs knew Gene had cast his mistress in his show, and they were not down with that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back