Tie bomber: Complete plans and parts id.

Hey Moska, these plans have been really helpful with my Tie Bomber rework. one question for ya. The parts in the center between the pods on the rear and bottom. Where did those parts come from? Looking at the ILM model, there were only openings for the pipe support to go into. just trying to decide if I should make these for my TB or leave the details that are already on the toy.

Hey, I'm working on it! :)

Could you do one for the 5' Falcon by any chance?.:lol
Stu
[/QUOTE]

I know you are mate & it's very much appreciated.
Your parts maps have cost me at least 10 kits on the bay recently lol!:lol
Stu

Very nice work & is something I hope to see happen for all the studio models preservation. Can't wait to see what you do next.
Thanks

Hey Moska, these plans have been really helpful with my Tie Bomber rework. one question for ya. The parts in the center between the pods on the rear and bottom. Where did those parts come from? Looking at the ILM model, there were only openings for the pipe support to go into. just trying to decide if I should make these for my TB or leave the details that are already on the toy.

Those central details are parts that really were in the IL & M model. These pieces can be removed and put to access at the pipe support or to hide it, depending on which angle the ship was going to be shooted.

Thats great! Very useful, and very clear!

Thanks for doing that.

On an off topic, has anyone got this part spare from the Hasegawa Railway Gun Leopold:

I need it for my alien dropship build (i'll pay!)

Late to the 'party' but thanks for providing these, great resource!

Regards, Robert

Same here. I am amazed that people have this all figured out, let alone share it. Great times!
Curious as to if there is anything remotely similar to this for the other SW ships?

Thanks,
Datfly

Same here. I am amazed that people have this all figured out, let alone share it. Great times!
Curious as to if there is anything remotely similar to this for the other SW ships?

Thanks,
Datfly

In my short time here the closest thing to a pdf like this are colored part maps that people do. It's a simple way of color coating screen shots of models and each color can designate a specific model kit! The most recent example would be the Vader and Scout Welding droids we ID'd over the past few weeks.

Here is the link to that thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248351

Thanks for sharing this!

Out of curiosity, what scale would the studio model be?

Would it be the same scale as the Darth Vader tie fighter since it uses it's cockpit or was it intended to be a much larger ship and the cockpit window is larger proportionally than a normal tie?

IIRC the Vader tie is supposedly around 1/36 or so

The Vader Tie is the same scale as the standard Tie, X-Wing, Y-Wing, and the 5' Falcon. All about 1/24.
The Tie bomber is a much smaller model in real life. It uses some parts from the MPC Darth Vader Tie kit. But I think that in the context of the movie, one half of the Tie bomber would be about the same diameter as a standard Tie.
I know that doesn't quite work out proportionately, but It doesn't really make sense for it to be much larger or smaller than a standard Tie. That's my $.02

I only joined the party recently, but I consider to mod a Hasbro Bomber one day. I see people referring to the studio model all the time, but so far I wasn’t able to discover quality information on that one. A few blurry shots the maximum. So I wonder if someone can help me on where to find in-depth stuff.

I'm sure there's a thread where this issue was discussed.
From what I can remember, you need at least 2xLeopolds, 2xHurricanes, 2xVader's ties, several Karls and maybe 2 Saturns.
Or...you could try casting, which is how I'm building mine.
Could sell you some parts, too, if you're interested.
I got all kits except the Stuka.

I'm sure there's a thread where this issue was discussed.
From what I can remember, you need at least 2xLeopolds, 2xHurricanes, 2xVader's ties, several Karls and maybe 2 Saturns.
Or...you could try casting, which is how I'm building mine.
Could sell you some parts, too, if you're interested.
I got all kits except the Stuka.
Awesome I'll get back to you I'd I need any. Just starting to collect parts :)

Found this info over at www.studioscalemodelers.com:
I can't vouch for it (as I said I went the casting route) but it looks pretty accurate.
And watch out for those Saturn and Yamato! They need to be the original tooling.

Airfix 1/24 Stuka
Airfix Apollo Saturn V (x2)
Airfix Hawker Harrier AV 8AGr (x2)
ESCI 1/35 SD. KFZ. 10/4
Hasegawa 1/72 Leopold German Railway Gun K5(E) (x5)
Hasegawa 1/72 Morser Karl German 600mm on Railway Carrier (x5)
MPC Darth Vader Tie Fighter (x2)
Tamiya 1/35 20mm Flak 38 Flakveiling Sd.Kfz.71 Truck mounted (quad gun) (x4)
Tamiya 1/35 88 mm flak gun
Tamiya 1/35 British 25PDR Field Gun
Tamiya 1/35 Hanomag Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Armored Half-Track (x4)
Tamiya 1/35 M3 Lee Middle Tank (35039)
Tamiya 1/700 Scharnhorst
Tamiya 1/700 British Battleship HMS Prince of Whales
Tamiya 1/700 British Battleship HMS Rodney
Tamiya 1/700 Japanese Aircraft Carrier Shinano (77024)
Tamiya 1/700Japanese Battleship Yamato (Original)
Tamiya 1/700 Japanese Aircraft Carrier Junyo (x4)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back