Star Wars Chronicles

I have not come across a color one (or at least an unfaded one - a lot of the stock I have seen has shifted badly in 40 years to magenta), but it was at some early point definitely Red 2, with Tiger wheels, and that funky Astromech. I have a B&W that confirms this (posted here). There is a similar Y-Wing astromech with wacky painted dots and stripes, too.

View attachment 677087

Cool!! I want to see the Y-wing!

Isn't this that droid?
kg-red2-xwing-reference-036.jpg

ilm-x-wing-photos-kg-ilm-xwing_painting-20004.jpg13406802_10153919053188557_6226927473820137597_n.jpg

I love all these old pics like these. I've never had the money to even try and buy one of these books.
My fiance has been asking what type stuff I want for Christmas....so......what would be a good one of these books under $100 I could hint to her about?

I love all these old pics like these. I've never had the money to even try and buy one of these books.
My fiance has been asking what type stuff I want for Christmas....so......what would be a good one of these books under $100 I could hint to her about?
My favorite book is still the lucas film archives. IMHO, it's the only one with clear, well-lit pics. And it's not expensive.

Sculpting the galaxy is also affordable. I got my chronicles (original version) from Abe books for like, $80

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Oh! Thank you very much!!:)
I've never seen the picture of Red 2 mounted from the back. Could you tell me where it comes from if you don't mind?
The R2 unit seems to have "X" marking on the top. I'm still not sure if its black or dark blue, but I would paint it with black.
Anyway, thank you KK1!! The picture is so beautiful that I can't stop looking at it!

Oh! Thank you very much!!:)
I've never seen the picture of Red 2 mounted from the back. Could you tell me where it comes from if you don't mind?
The R2 unit seems to have "X" marking on the top. I'm still not sure if its black or dark blue, but I would paint it with black.
Anyway, thank you KK1!! The picture is so beautiful that I can't stop looking at it!

You're welcome. No idea where it's from, saved from somewhere on the internet <shrug>

Don't know if that's an "X" or not Red 2 cockpit.jpg

My favorite book is still the lucas film archives. IMHO, it's the only one with clear, well-lit pics. And it's not expensive.

Sculpting the galaxy is also affordable. I got my chronicles (original version) from Abe books for like, $80

Sculpting the galaxy looks pretty good. I've seen the cover of the Lucas film archives one before, but can't remember if I've read it before or not.

Sculpting the galaxy looks pretty good. I've seen the cover of the Lucas film archives one before, but can't remember if I've read it before or not.
I may be alone here, but I was quite disappointed with it. The photos aren't very archival feeling. They all seem to be lit poorly. Almost with an ambient feel to them.

I may be alone here, but I was quite disappointed with it. The photos aren't very archival feeling. They all seem to be lit poorly. Almost with an ambient feel to them.

If I recall correctly there is an Ebook-version of Sculpting a Galaxy out there that has high res pictures in it.

As I said, the photos are bad. Especially when you consider the book is all about the photos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back