Star Wars Chronicles

i checked out this book yesterday on the amazon japan site and it sounds really exciting and appears to promise new pictures etc.
but states that it is 320 pages which is how many pages ( including the blank pages at the end) the original book is.
here's hoping that this is a revised edition with lots more goodies but we'll have to see.

i would be getting the model graphix book for now as i reckon that one is gonna be good.
I can definitely say those are new pictures. Looks way better

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

On Fb yesterday

magazine%20shot.jpg

magazine%20shot%202.jpg

J

great news guys,looks like it is a revised edition with new pix.:)
so far it's up for pre-order with ami-ami and amazon japan

On Fb yesterday

What about the pictures on the Amazon Japan site.:D Please enlarge the picture and right click on the picture. Open the picture from the folder and then you can see the whole pictures.
91pIt9p8SWL.jpg
I didn't know that they have a FB account. Could you give me the address?

Damn, nothing I haven't seen yet (I get so excited for something that might help with IDs, lol)... but it's nice to see the lesser-known pics getting published!

What about the pictures on the Amazon Japan site.:D Please enlarge the picture and right click on the picture. Open the picture from the folder and then you can see the whole pictures.
View attachment 676723
I didn't know that they have a FB account. Could you give me the address?

Wow,...thanks kh39.....I grabbed them

It was someone who posted the images on fb,...there are watermarks on the bottom corner of the images,...not official source

Thanks again

John

Well, yeah, me too :p but I was hoping against hope to have my mind blown... ... unfortunately for me I am jaded in this area. :(

OH! And the author did respond to me:

"Hello Jason,Sorry late my answer mail and Happy Birthday.Yes,I was edited New Chronicles. This book are Not update to old Chronicles. New Chronicles are 95% New photo from Lucasfilm photo Archive (If you was see Lucasfilms photo Archive database, it may Not exciting). publish to X-wing Red 1~12,blue1, Y-wing Gold1~5,Red jammer,Probot Hyperspace pod(2 type),other.add on my personal collection ESB AT-ST and _____ collection Y-wing photos. I think publish 80% to vehicles cover from (online archive) photos.This BOOK publishi day about December late from Japan(Now,be late for schedule). Please looking for ward to book. Too new BANDAI model kits.Thanks Jason!"

So essentially he's saying that if I have seen the archives database, it's not as thrilling (whomp whomp) but it's gonna be a GREAT book. The _____ collection pics (I redacted the name) he is referring to are other Gold Leader (TIE Killer) pics that others have seen/circulated on line from time to time. Probably new to most people, and the personal AT-ST pics that he references are the ones I gave to AT-ST builders back in 2008 or so - the ESB AT-ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats some good news jason.
for people like myself and many others getting a book 80% full of pix from the archives and private collections (?) most we haven't seen before or not of good quality
this book will be pretty good.
don't be too jaded mate i'm sure someone's got a few holy grail pix out there you haven't seen yet.:)
anyhow thanks for the info.:thumbsup

Looking at the top view of the Falcon,....you can see the wear & tear of the studio models,.....loads of missing parts on the image to the right & a broken Quad yoke,...the image on the left shows her in her less man-handled days:

5ft%20ANH%20Top%20Viewbefore%20amp%20after.jpg

J

Looking at the top view of the Falcon,....you can see the wear & tear of the studio models,.....loads of missing parts on the image to the right & a broken Quad yoke,..

Oh man, a crap ton of stuff has happened to these models in 40 years.... it's staggering. I am so grateful and happy that archival pics exist. And man, I hate that the five footer got modded for Empire. I fell in love with the ANH Falcon as a kit - no extra landing gears, fat compared to the smaller ESB Falcon, sleeker some how without the boxes....

I would be interested in this, but I'm confused. Someone posted pics that look the same as my original Chronicles.

Sorry Norm, but the scuplting the Galaxy book was so disappointing. The photos were awful. What happened?

Jason,
I'd like to ask a question. Is there an X-Wing RED 2 color photo in "the lesser know pics"? I mean X- Wing RED 2 with an astromech droid. The astoromech droid is not the red one but this one:
r22.jpg
I also want to know if there were tiger wheels in the turkey feathers on RED 2.

I would be interested in this, but I'm confused. Someone posted pics that look the same as my original Chronicles.

Sorry Norm, but the scuplting the Galaxy book was so disappointing. The photos were awful. What happened?

1. This is a complete new "Chronicles" book with new (and for the most of us) never seen pics.
2. Petowalker posted pics from the old Chronicles book
3. For me, the "sculpting A galaxy" book is amazing and a must have for every studio scale modeler.

Andre

I have not come across a color one (or at least an unfaded one - a lot of the stock I have seen has shifted badly in 40 years to magenta), but it was at some early point definitely Red 2, with Tiger wheels, and that funky Astromech. I have a B&W that confirms this (posted here). There is a similar Y-Wing astromech with wacky painted dots and stripes, too.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 2.00.54 PM.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back