Dexter's Kill Bag and Tools

Here's the bag which is the same listed i just re ordered it :cool.

vlcsnap578152.png

Here are some shots of the kill knife

vlcsnap580918.png

vlcsnap582051.png

::::::SPOILER::::::::

SCROLL BELOW FOR SPOILER OR ELSE

I'M WARNING YOU......

vlcsnap591414.png

Last edited:
Great screen caps! Too bad there's no brand name etched into that blade!!! :lol

Looking at it again, I will be really surprised if it's not an off the shelf item.

If we could just recruit asavage into the search for this, he would find it. that guy is RUTHLESS with google and ebay. The stuff he finds is just amazing.

We must get him aboard on this cause we are almost there.I'm gonna keep searching till no end.

Great screen caps! Too bad there's no brand name etched into that blade!!! :lol

Looking at it again, I will be really surprised if it's not an off the shelf item.

If we could just recruit asavage into the search for this, he would find it. that guy is RUTHLESS with google and ebay. The stuff he finds is just amazing.

Man, I've been hunting around for that kill knife now for a few hours, and I've got nothing.

Let's at least put together a list of qualities we know it has (or assume it has) so that we can all search more effectively:

-It looks to have a full tang
-Definitely a chisel-tip
-Blade length appears to be between 6 and 8 inches (My guess is 7 inches)
-It appears to be made of stamped or forged stainless steel (Milled or machined steel is possible if it's custom-made)
-Aluminum or stainless steel handle...I say aluminum.

In style it is close to a long boning knife, but has a tip and thickness similar to a hunting knife.

All that said, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this knife was the lone custom-job in the bunch. Remember, they have "stunt" versions of this knife that are collapsible to prevent injury to those unfortunate enough to play Dexter's victims.

The accident involving Jimmy Smits nearly stabbing a stuntman for real shows that they have a collapsible version, which is always easier to build from scratch than modify from a real knife. So if they want continuity between stunt and real knives a custom one would fit the bill nicely. It's not like it would be too hard to machine for someone with the right tools.

...Just a thought.

-Nick

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprise if the handle is from a real knife with a custom blade. Like I said, about the video posted on page 2, there is a case with all different versions.
I have torn Google apart looking for knife #2 and the Kill Knife. I have come up with nothing. I couldn't even find any info on the actual knives themselves either. Someone is very tight lipped at Dexter I think.

BTW great pics Pitbull. Wish I came to you for some screens. I had to Freeze frame my On Demand and record it with a handled and stabilize the video on my Mac. Even then I came up with "Messe". I thought it was Messheimer, messesheister, all sort of stuff... Google auto-fill helped me find Messermeister.

Let's not give up someone knows something I'm surprised certain people haven't chimes in already

I'm no knife expert but the curve in that handle reminds me of a folding knife. Maybe the knife started as a folding knife? Folding knives are more likely to have that aluminum handle.

Fox is right, full tang with grip plates. From looking at it and listening to the sound it made in that video when the prop master set it down, I would have to say aluminum.

No stamps or markings at all. The blade is a bit abnormal. It's a combination of straight and trailing point design.
Yea I'm going to go with custom, I hope I'm wrong.

If anyone can get more screens, try checking Episode 10 (I think). When Dexter is cleaning the Kill Knife and Lumen comes out in her own "Kill Outfit".
Dexter hands her the Kill Knife and she practices stabbing. Maybe there is something there.

(Sorry for triple post)

Is it just me, or does it look like there is some sort of "pick" between numbers 9 and 10
KillToolsNumbered.jpg

And slightly off topic, but not really... has anyone identified the fork tipped tomato knife used in the intro? It looks similar to a Wusthof, but not quite right.

Is it just me, or does it look like there is some sort of "pick" between numbers 9 and 10

Yes there is. It is not used anymore. The order of the knives changed a lot in the first few seasons. The knives that I have listed, and the order of them posted earlier, is correct and the most consistent as of Season 4. It seems they kept an "order" as of Season 4 with the Main Kill Knife being introduced in Season 3.

(There is an exception. Before Dexter gets his tools ready in Season 5 Episode 12 to go find Lumen, he replaces the Large Bone Saw (all the way to the right looking at the Kill Tools) with a knife never seen before. This is the knife he uses to stab through Jordan's foot. You can see this knife when Dexter is at home on his bed. I think it may be in the beginning. This is the only appearance of that knife and any inconsistency with the knives in Season 4 & 5)

The kill knife MUST be custom made cause the blade is now different than the one the prop master shows in the YouTube clips and in the picture i posted

no luck on those luman knife practicing shots

Sorry, I thought it would be there. :confused

Here's a few and the pick think looks like a sharpen tool for the knife

Yes, The sharpening tool is not in the Kill Tools all the time. Pretty sure it was just used for this scene. The slot it is in is the skipped slot I was talking about earlier. And the 12th slot is the Meat Cleaver covering 2 slots.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back