"Finished" My Vader Costume

I recently finished an ESB TK - and I know how satisfying it is when it's all finished. Nice work. Are you planning to troop in it? or is it purely for display purposes?

Wow! I am absolutely floored and flattered by the kind comments from everyone. Thank you.

Answers to a few questions:

The helmet and armor are by one "who shall not be named." :lol Actually, despite the maker's reputation, I've always been pleased with the work done on them. Although in the years since I've bought it, I've learned much about both the person who made it, and Vader helmets in terms of accuracy. I have an eFX Legend on order, so I will most likely be enjoying a replacement helmet in the near future.

He does look a bit robotic. I have recently purchased some good heavy copper wire to rebuild his arms and hands and make them posable. Since there's no manual on how to do that, I'm kind of working it through in my head before I lop off the fiberglass arms. I'm debating how much of the fiberglass shoulders to keep, and how to affix the copper wire to the torso of the mannequin. (So I guess.. he's not 'finished' :) )

I have worn the costume once or twice. I'm about 6'2", so just about acceptable height to do Vader. Problem is, I found it incredibly hot and uncomfortable. The costume was built for display, not trooping, and so it lacks a lot of the mods that might make it more comfortable (like fans in the helmet). The biggest problem was that the cape is too long for my height, and it drags the floor. I'd have to get a trooping cape set. I also would need contact lenses, because I couldn't see a thing without my specs.

It's funny though. I've recently become bit by the bug of possibly beginning my life as a Trooper. After years of debating, I finally am working towards starting a set of TK armor, with the intention of trooping, not display. Once I get my feet wet, I may mod this to do Vader, but I think TK might be just a little more comfortable. Well, a wee bit at least.

Right now, he's standing in my basement, and he's very popular with visitors. Everyone asks if he talks! I would love to do a motion activated soundboard that does the breathing and dialogue. Anyone know how to rig that up?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back