The Dread Pirate Roberts......sort of

Lumpy7189

So I'm putting this together just for fun - I'm not really going to get all hepped up about making it uber-movie accurate - just something to wear around cons and such.

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

I have material for the belt/sash that I need to get stitched together. I also need to get the pants taken in a TON (In the movie, they are really tight). I may also snip off some of the laces on the v-neck since the real one only had a couple and more open.

I'm in the market for a sword (I'm not dumping $300 into the actual DPR one - sorry). Any suggestions on that or the costume??

looks pretty good,, dont forget your cheesy mustache though! and a black sash around your waist and you are gtg! :D

Thanks.
I've got the material for the sash, just need to get it sewn together. I have the stuff to play around with the mustache as well. I may chicken out and just pencil it in, though. We'll see.

Love it. One of my favorite films. Your almost ready to do battle with the rodents of unusual size (although I think they are a myth).:)

As I recall, Westley wore both a belt and a sash as DPR. From what I can recall his belt started out as a baldric for his sword and later, I think around the time of his fight with Inigo, he then wore it as a belt.

As I recall, Westley wore both a belt and a sash as DPR. From what I can recall his belt started out as a baldric for his sword and later, I think around the time of his fight with Inigo, he then wore it as a belt.

I could never tell if he had a baldric on, may have to go in and do some screen caps.

ReclaimingtheBladeReview2-thumb-550x314-20385.jpg

But yeah in the end he did have a belt.

gal_pirates-7.jpg

Inconceivable!!

You keep on using that word!! I do not think it means what you think it means!!!:lol

On a related note, one of my 501st garrison mates is trying to talk his brother, who is like 6'6" and stocky, to put together a Fezzik costume. That would be cool to roam around together!!

Looks like I'm going to have to watch this again and pay attention for a baldric and the belt!!

Factory Entertainment is doing the sword if you need......maybe more than you want to invest in though and I'm not sure it'd make it into Con security.....

Yeah, but since I've only got about $100 into the whole costume and I'm only really going to wear it a couple times a year, I think I'll pass on the $300 sword.
I was however thinking of getting something like a practice sword from BudK or some place like that, just to have SOMETHING!!

Am I correct in assuming that if I get one of those practice swords, the blade will not be sharp so taking it into a con or something would not be a major issue???

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back