Mazinger Helmet - Foam Build

quest

For Halloween this year, I did a foam Getter robo, and wanted to build on that with a bit harder of a design. Decided to go with Mazinger, based off the OVA version, and specifically the Soul of Chogokin gx-07 diecast figure.

Didn't have a pep to work with, so I built this guy up from scratch. Pretty happy with the results and it fits great. Still need to add the spikes and giver er a paint job...

mazmask1.jpg

the figure in the pic stands about 7" tall, so you can get an idea of the size. Lens flares added for effect ;)

and here's a shot of the toy it was based off of:

maz.jpg

I used to watch this show religiously when I was ... oh never mind, a long time ago.

I couldn't resist, 30 odd years down the line, to get me the GX-01R Mazinger Z from Bandai. Together with the Goldrake, it was one of the most 'feel good' items I ever bought :)

i found this at the swap meet a few months ago for 5 bucks. I was and am still a fan of Mazinger Z. Great work!!:thumbsup

29212_1468654564112_1466023325_31267101_7224854_n.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back