Done! Quantum Leap Handlink from season 4

Yup, this has been on my to do list for a decade. So many tiles to cut.
handlink parts.png

Just getting the laser cutting file for the electronics compartment finalized. Then I will order the acrylic colors and start cutting. I plan on doing a run of 30 working handlinks. I'll set up a junk yard thread as soon as I finish a working prototype and prove all the files are solid.

If anyone has clean good quality sound files, please email me robert@replicaprops.com.

Just getting the laser cutting file for the electronics compartment finalized. Then I will order the acrylic colors and start cutting. I plan on doing a run of 30 working handlinks. I'll set up a junk yard thread as soon as I finish a working prototype and prove all the files are solid.

If anyone has clean good quality sound files, please email me robert@replicaprops.com.

Oh boy! Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome.

Trying to compensate for the width of the laser beam. Because the tiles fit together tightly, the width of the beam creates a gap. The solution is somewhere in a menu of the laser software. I'll find it.
14721637_10154681300767342_8502721819989128977_n.jpg

14721637_10154681300767342_8502721819989128977_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something cool about cutting acrylic with a laser. If you stack multiple sheets of acrylic on top of each other and clamp them together, when the laser cuts through, it welds them all together. This is the Teal colored acrylic, and since they only sell this in 1/8" thick sheet stock, I had to layer four sheets together. Mind you there is no cement holding the sheets in place, just the heat of the laser which has welded the sheets together. Pretty nice.
IMG_4816.JPGIMG_4817.JPG

I'm probably going to go with the teal for the green because it is the closest I have found, however I have an order coming in on some other greens I want to try that might be lighter in color. I found a cool looking green glass acrylic, but it looks really really light. When you stack acrylic though it gets darker, so if the green glass (which comes in 1/4") doubles up to be deeper in color, I'll switch to that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back