Done! Quantum Leap Handlink from season 4

Todays prop collector is fanatical, and demand 100% accuracy. Pick any prop out there you think is 100% accurate and someone else will point out a problem.

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Jul 28 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1289774[/snapback]</div>
I would assume so but you know what they say about assumptions ;)

I remember the Maker of the Screen-Used Prop posted here with the exact L.E.D. type AND where he purchased it but it was so long ago that the L.E.D. does not exist anymore.

Just curious to see what route you were taking, replica or the fanatical, "EXACT replica as seen on t.v." :D
[/b]

if im correct in who is making the electronics for it...

i would vote for better than screen used. :D

hell, i wouldnt put it past him to make it zap you to another time...

this should be VERY cool when done.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jul 28 2006, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1289858[/snapback]</div>
if im correct in who is making the electronics for it...

i would vote for better than screen used. :D

hell, i wouldnt put it past him to make it zap you to another time...

this should be VERY cool when done.
[/b]

I agree. The Screen-Used one also did not have sound. This will be very cool when done...

I have been looking mostly at the photos from Mark Dickson as reference.
Not sure if that is screen used or fan made, but its a nice design and very clean.
The thing im working on now is the inner cavity compartment.

I can see all the screw holes so I know where to mill around for them.
bodymodel.jpg

The one thing that concerns me is the battery and electronics framing. There is clearly visible in the photo something that almost looks like a tuning fork shape.
Any one have a clue what that might be?
handlinkreararrow.jpg

Hey guys, I'm Mark Dickson. Yep, those are the real deal. I was on set for the episode Play Ball at the Baseball field, and was one of the players on the baseball team, and the prop master let me snap a few picks and trace it. I sent them to a couple people here to help and one of them is on another thread here. I only sent the tracing to one of the people. I'm glad the picts have helped all trying to make Ziggy.
I have wanted one of these for a long time. Hope I can get one or afford one. I had originally wanted to make one but real life got in the way :angry

Mark

I think the 'tuning fork' is actually a cavity cut into the clear layer. Look at the right edge of the battery, you can see a similar effect.

Jay

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ Sep 5 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1313215[/snapback]</div>
I think the 'tuning fork' is actually a cavity cut into the clear layer. Look at the right edge of the battery, you can see a similar effect.

Jay
[/b]
I think your right. It must be a way of holding the battery in place

I would agree that it appears to be a cavity for the battery and the electronics above. I was just about to bump this thread up. Glad to see you're still working on it. Keep it up. :)

Sean

This looks like its going to be really cool.

Will you be selling these on your site at all, and are there any updates yet?

Can't wait to see it done.

Jeddie

i was just starting work on mine again, lol. i'll just wait it out now and see how this comes along. I cant wait to see it.
I was going to have hyperdyne do the electronics. we even talked about having it make the noise when you whack it on the side.

The company that made the LEDs is gone, I think. I found their site on the internet archive a while back and called and left a ton of messages, but I dont think that machine is ever getting checked.

Good luck. I want one.

Excellent work. But remember, there's more than one way to link a hologram.... B)

QLLinkRPF12.jpg

Yup, it's evil. Evil Zoey's handlink , to be exact.

Eagerly awaiting updates. :D

I notice the Handlink has gone from the "On the workbench" section of your site.. Is the project still alive? I hope so. :D

Jeddie

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back