The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

If I could find one that fits like Bridges' sweater, that would be just fine with me. A few years ago I bought a Cardigan sweater (green, not particularly Dude-like); I tried it on in the store and it was a little on the large side, but I assumed it would shrink a little so that was okay. I had it laundered as directed, and the damn thing shrunk so much that I couldn't wear it. :angry

IMG_3123.jpgSuccessful Halloween?

EPIC Halloween!!! Great job!

- - - Updated - - -

If I could find one that fits like Bridges' sweater, that would be just fine with me. A few years ago I bought a Cardigan sweater (green, not particularly Dude-like); I tried it on in the store and it was a little on the large side, but I assumed it would shrink a little so that was okay. I had it laundered as directed, and the damn thing shrunk so much that I couldn't wear it. :angry

That's a good questions.

Anyone have any info or experience on the size of Jeff Bridge's Pendleton? Also, just the size fit in general.

From what I can tell from the pics, it seems his sweater might be a a size too big on him....

...Anyone have any info or experience on the size of Jeff Bridge's Pendleton? Also, just the size fit in general.

From what I can tell from the pics, it seems his sweater might be a a size too big on him...
Bridges is reported to be the same height I am (6'1"), but on average I'd guess he's a bit thinner. Judging by the way the sweater kinda' hangs on him in the movie, I'd say you're right and it's probably an XXL, or an XL that has really stretched out over the years. Or maybe Pendleton's sweaters were oversized in those days. Lotta' help I am, huh? :lol

Of course, this kind of information is only helpful if you're roughly the same height and shape as Bridges was in Lebowski.

Last edited:
Bridges is reported to be the same height I am (6'1"), but on average I'd guess he's a bit thinner. Judging by the way the sweater kinda' hangs on him in the movie, I'd say you're right and it's probably an XXL, or an XL that has really stretched out over the years. Or maybe Pendleton's sweaters were oversized in those days. Lotta' help I am, huh? :lol

Of course, this kind of information is only helpful if you're roughly the same height and shape as Bridges was in Lebowski.

My thoughts exactly.... I've been close to pulling the trigger on several close enough pendletons that were in my price range, I just don't want to order something that would be ridiculously large on me.

I'm 5'8 about 180 pounds, so no where near Jeff Bridge's size... I usually wear a medium in everything.

I recently received my Pendelton re-release Westerly sweater direct from Pendelton. The question of right visual size worried me too.

I am very happy with my choice of 2XL. The sleeves are the right length and it has that bit loose look without me appearing to be swimming in it. I am 6', 200 lbs, 38-39 W, 46-48 C, 46 Hips and it's all good! Hope that comparative helps anyone that has concerns.

Images are available on FB at 'The Ringer Pub' page. They were taken 12-05-15. Hope that helps.

I was able to try on one of the New Pendleton's today. I'm 5'9 around 180 pounds with a muscular build. I normally wear a medium.

It was a size Large and fit me about the same as whatever size he wore fit Jeff Bridges. The sleeves were the tiniest bit long reaching to my top thumb knuckle. Overall I felt it was close to the fit on the Lebowski.

Now the next question is, is the sizing for the new ones similar to the old ones?

Last edited:
Hey Dudes,

Long time lurker here, wanted to drop by and say Hi coz you're all awesome. Eagerly awaiting a Pendleton original (I managed to convince them to send me one through to the UK by, basically, begging). I look forward to reporting the fit in a few weeks! Devastated that I'm far too late to the party to get hold of any Otomix MX100's l but wondering if anyone has gone down the route of pimping a pair of the modern ones?

I also bought a rug yesterday, not screen accurate but it certainly does a good job of tying the room together!

"i just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in... (yeah, yeah, oh yeah)"

Hard to believe I haven't posted anything in here in almost a year. I took a break from working my stuff for The Dude after having to look for a new job and make myself a bit more presentable when doing so -- which meant the hair goatee had to go and the goatee needed taming. on the good side, i should be back at all back to a decent length by late summer, just in time (i hope!) for LebowskiFest here in Seattle, as well as for Halloween parties. i'm looking forward to get back to it after all of the great compliments i received last year at parties and ECCC. (...for the time being, i've been putting together an outfit for Detective Harvey Bullock from the tv show "Gotham", which I think i'll pull off very well in 5 weeks for this year's ECCC.)

cheers, all!

I just discovered this great thread. Joined up today. Still tweaking my collection of "Dude" costume items. I read through this entire thread from the initial post and there is a lot of great information in here.

Thanks!

Nice collection of information everyone. Im a new member of this page that has had frequent public interactions lately where people would call me "the dude" (or tell me I look like the dude) after some internet surfing i've come to find out about the move ( that I just finished watching because I hadn't seen it) Interesting thing is I feel like my normal bum clothes are what the dude would wear on a normal day. Nevertheless this thread has peaked my interest and will be looking into some more accurate dude duds soon. below is a picture my friend took of me the other day, wearing pajama pants from REI the v-neck is covington, hoodie is Alfani and the glasses are Gucci. Again this is all stuff I've had for years and wear often
dude1_zps3tjui2r2.jpg

It's been a somewhat eventful 2 months, i've become obsessed with trying to obtain accurate Lebowski gear. managed to get a good amount of it as seen below..

First we have the classic Vuarnet 003's these were somewhat a pain to find, the color isn't movie accurate however I managed to get them for $70.. (I ended up buying brown ones anyway cost me almost $300

Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2010.55.25%20AM_zpslckgzm3d.png

The first outfit I "completed" was the one I believe he wore the majority of the movie. The sweatshirt is the one i posted previously, the t shirt (that I intend on dyeing a bit darker) was from target, the brand is mossimo they have a nice worn look to them and are around $10. The shorts are Lee Dungarees and are very similar (except they have cargo pockets) to the dude's shorts Found them at Burlington coat factory. $15 And of course the Jelly sandals. I found them on Amazon, however the largest size they had were size 10 (and I normally wear 12's) while they are very tight and my heel slightly hangs off the end I believe I could wear them for a few hours without too many issues. They were $10 shipped. (if anyone has any information where I could get some larger ones I would appreciate it i've spent hours online looking)

Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2010.49.59%20AM_zpsvctb2g7g.png

Not quite costume related but I found this gem at the local Hastings on sale for $125 (normally $200) pretty neat

Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2010.50.29%20AM_zpsxnvlypnf.png

And the popular outfit. I got the pants from the colors de pueblo website that everyone posed up here, (xxl) the shirt like the other grey one is also from target mossimo and has that neat worn look already (xxl) the Jacket is the reproduction/costume one you can find online for around $80 however check eBay because i picked this one up for $40 new. (it's also size xxl) and last but not least the shoes are otomix,(size 12) now the otomix mentioned earlier in this thread have been discontinued however, otomix started making them again (because they were the first shoe they made) the design is slightly different but it sure beats looking for the original pair. For reference to the sizes I listed, I am 6'5" 260lbs and generally wear 38" waist.

Shot%202016-07-07%20at%2010.48.45%20AM_zpsgxp6kqxi.png

anyway that's it for now, I have a few other things to add and some other stuff in the mail. I'll post them up when they get here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back