The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

I listed my modestly-priced receptacle on ye olde auctione siteee. No coffee inside......or lid. Kinda rusty and slightly taken out of the round. But it's the correct one from the movie: Folger's Aroma Roasted For All Coffee Makers.

That's in a lot better condition than the one I found a few months ago. The bottom on mine is pretty rusted out.

I have a pristine urn for Donny with the lid. That and the Creedence tape are my only Lebowski items. I was going to sell it a few years ago but my wife still wants to do costumes of The Dude and Maude, I have a large brother that we're trying to convince to play Walter.

I'll be listing another receptacle after the current listing ends. It is in near perfect condition with the coveted blue lid. If my order of wood ash fertilizer arrives in time, then I'll include a bag of Donny in the package...Donny who loved bowling. Also have an identical holy grail with blue lid that I'm keeping for myself. The nice part is these will always hold their value. Doesn't matter if the movie is remastered a zillion times or what ev. There's only one brand/model/size can that fits.

Sold 2 receptacles. May 27th, I'll list my personal modestly-priced receptacle for auction. It's the absolute best condition I had out of 3 cans. Coveted blue lid and largest bag of Donny included. Hope to see you at LF Los Angeles on May 25th and bowling on night #2. Gonna be a rager!!!

Here's my public Dropbox folder link to the download file for the "PAGENET NATIONWIDE" logos to print out and tape to your pager and also the actual image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lad92ox42280l3b/LOGO.jpg?dl=0
LOGO.jpg

heya Dudes!

I'm thinking of adding the dream sequence white jumpsuit to my costume collection. I'm likely going to just go the cheap route and get a generic one from online, but if anyone knows first-hand what brand was used in the movie, i'd appreciate the knowledge! I've been checking thrift stores for them (Value Village has uniform and worker outfits from time to time), but so far nothing has turned up.

(side note just to catch people up on things since my last post... i had a great time at ECCC 2018 as The Dude again, getting some decent photos. i'm even scheduled with a con photographer in July to do some photos around the city in my various Dude costumes, and then attending Lebowski Fest in Louisville that same month. i've done a Deadpool / Dude mashup -- Dudepool -- that still needs some more things worked out before i'm happy with it, and doing a "Doobie-Wan Kenobi (or Dude Skywalker)" jedi / Dude mashup for RCCC this fall.)

heya Dudes!

I'm thinking of adding the dream sequence white jumpsuit to my costume collection. I'm likely going to just go the cheap route and get a generic one from online, but if anyone knows first-hand what brand was used in the movie, i'd appreciate the knowledge! I've been checking thrift stores for them (Value Village has uniform and worker outfits from time to time), but so far nothing has turned up.

(side note just to catch people up on things since my last post... i had a great time at ECCC 2018 as The Dude again, getting some decent photos. i'm even scheduled with a con photographer in July to do some photos around the city in my various Dude costumes, and then attending Lebowski Fest in Louisville that same month. i've done a Deadpool / Dude mashup -- Dudepool -- that still needs some more things worked out before i'm happy with it, and doing a "Doobie-Wan Kenobi (or Dude Skywalker)" jedi / Dude mashup for RCCC this fall.)

Please share that Dudepool mash up! Sounds amazing.

As for the jumpsuit, the one mentioned here seems like a pretty good fit even though I doubt it's the same exact brand.

Please share that Dudepool mash up! Sounds amazing.

i only have one photo from the group event we did that day, but for a trial run the mashup turned out well. i'm going to invest in a better mask ($50 vs $7... figured cheaper was better in case i didn't want to commit to it). i may also end up adding a Deadpool belt and/or dual-bandolier... or not. heh

31969882_10156086452425667_4594680284397436928_o.jpg

As for the jumpsuit, the one mentioned here seems like a pretty good fit even though I doubt it's the same exact brand.
That's actually a pretty close match. Phased should be good to go once he cuts the sleeves off. And gets the tool belt...and the bowling shoes. :D

thanks guys! i'll check that out. tool belt shouldn't be TOO hard to find since i'm not going to worry about that being spot-on. as long as it can carry a drill and some other tools, i'm fine. bowling shoes i was thinking of faking with glitter paint and something similar shaped. i've had bad luck for finding vintage bowling shoes in my size (10 1/2 mens) due to my wider foot. i just need to find the appropriate style of hair clip, too. heh

EDIT:
hahaha i was checking out the cosplay showcases at that link you posted, ysosrs, and what do i find under the Big Lebowski images? a shot of me from ECCC last year in the bowling outfit (ugh, my hair wasn't cooperating that day and was too straight and flat)
https://www.gogocosplay.com/big-lebowski-cosplay/

Last edited:
i only have one photo from the group event we did that day, but for a trial run the mashup turned out well. i'm going to invest in a better mask ($50 vs $7... figured cheaper was better in case i didn't want to commit to it). i may also end up adding a Deadpool belt and/or dual-bandolier... or not. heh

View attachment 819738

thanks guys! i'll check that out. tool belt shouldn't be TOO hard to find since i'm not going to worry about that being spot-on. as long as it can carry a drill and some other tools, i'm fine. bowling shoes i was thinking of faking with glitter paint and something similar shaped. i've had bad luck for finding vintage bowling shoes in my size (10 1/2 mens) due to my wider foot. i just need to find the appropriate style of hair clip, too. heh

EDIT:
hahaha i was checking out the cosplay showcases at that link you posted, ysosrs, and what do i find under the Big Lebowski images? a shot of me from ECCC last year in the bowling outfit (ugh, my hair wasn't cooperating that day and was too straight and flat)
https://www.gogocosplay.com/big-lebowski-cosplay/

LOL! That's funny.

I love the Dudepool. Ya, I'd agree about upgrading the mask, but in a way it kind of suits the character.

My second and final holy grail Folger's can has just been listed for auction. Large bag of Donny included, plus a bonus bumper sticker which reads "Is there a Ralph's around here?". The bag of Donny is wood ash fertilizer to simulate cremation ashes.

nice, and congrats!

i'm hitting up the one (my first!) in Louisville next month. i haven't had the chance to put together the white jumpsuit yet, but decided not to do it for that since i'd likely have to explain the reason for the tools in my luggage for the tool belt to the TSA. i picked up a new purple v-neck tee from Amazon this weekend, though, that is closer to the color and style. i just need to de-saturate the color yet, but that will likely be my main outfit (plus gym pants, sweater), along with the bowling / mourning outfit for the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Dudepool. This thread has inspired me to start brainstorming for my own Lebowski mash up, the SpiderDude. Cheap Spiderman zentai suit and mask, bathrobe, plaid shorts and sandals. Hopefully Goodwill can yield much of it, and I've got a line on a Spiderman zentai.

Which make/model headphones is the Dude using?[/h]Need help identifying these headphones for a fellow duder. Any promising uh, leads? Thanks, man.
Regards,
-Dude
dude headphones.jpg

dude headphones.jpg

The Dude abides. So far, none of the members on 3 different sites were able to identify the headphones make/model. One member thinks they might be generic headphones. That would certainly be very Dude-like.

Which make/model headphones is the Dude using?

Need help identifying these headphones for a fellow duder. Any promising uh, leads? Thanks, man.
Regards,
-Dude
View attachment 829713

They are damn close to the headsets that used to come with the Panasonic RQ-JA51 cassette players. I haven’t dusted off my Dude costume in a while, but would definitely go that route if I wanted to jam to some Creedence while sippin’ on oat sodas.

tumblr_pbtuydYiRa1sjdnvro1_400.jpgtumblr_pbtuydYiRa1sjdnvro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pbtuydYiRa1sjdnvro1_400.jpg

tumblr_pbtuydYiRa1sjdnvro2_1280.jpg

Yeah being that they are basically going to be for the display any vintage sonys or really any headphones would work. Thanks for all your inputs. Heading out to Louisville Thursday morning meeting my son who's flying in from Houston. Lebowski Fest here we come.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back