Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Larry Young is offline Larry Young
    Feb 17, 2011, 12:17 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #51

CrowTeeRobot said: View Post
    I ordered a pair of those Otomix shoes in white (13 was one of last sizes in stock. Whew!) Thanks for the heads up, Larry.
    No worries! Good thing my fake Team Zissou Sambas have finally splayed out, or the missus would have killed me, getting another pair of movie sneaks.
  2. Larry Young is offline Larry Young
    Feb 17, 2011, 4:34 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #52

Ha! Four hours later, and UPS drops them off:

These things are very comfortable, but I might lose the laces.
    From
    Annapolis MD
    Feb 17, 2011, 4:59 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #53

^I would have to agree. Something about those laces just seems..."un" dude like.
  4. Larry Young is offline Larry Young
    Feb 17, 2011, 5:21 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #54

They're there, in the first post:

...but they're sort of sloppy. I dunno; I'll wear 'em around for a while and see. The odd thing is they're not laces, per se; they are two individual pieces of shoelace glued in on each side. They're mostly decorative, as far as I can tell.
    From
    Tampa Bay area, Florida
    Feb 18, 2011, 11:11 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #55

Walter looks dead on, man. And the Dude doesn't look very bad at all, the only thing that really threw me was the beard on the chin, maybe use some crepe hair and liquid latex next time, I did a little test run with a fake Brian Blessed beard made out of crepe hair and liquid latex, and it came out great.
    Thanks, my friend who was Walter would appreciate that. I originally had a matching goatee and moustache that were good quality, but I lost the moustache and had to quickly get one to take to DragonCon. Unfortunately, the color didn't match the goatee.

Thanks for the tips on how you did your beard. For the LF next weekend, I've just grown my own beard, and although it won't be as long as the Dude's, I won't have to worry about it coming off while I'm drinking an oat soda or White Russian. We're also gonna trim the wig up a bit. Funny thing is, my hair used to be that long up until a couple years ago.

Just wanted to say thanks again for this thread, Luke, it's got some great info in it. Because of this inspiration provided by fellow Acheivers, I was able to add the robe, Okabashi sandals, and Otomix shoes (I was lucky enough to get size 10 from Otomix directly) to my Dude ensemble.

Art
    'Jon8712'
    Feb 18, 2011, 8:46 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #56

No problem Art, after all my research, I realized it would have been selfish to keep the information to myself, and it's a good thing I did, or else we would've missed out on the Otomix shoes. Speaking of which...

Free rug, man! My parents gave this one to me, and I must say it really ties the room together, even if it isn't the right color.
    Feb 20, 2011, 12:21 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #57

Not much on the Lebowski costume front, waiting for my new credit card to get here in the mail. But last night was my 21st Birthday, and I celebrated appropriately.

Quite delicious.
    From
    Aachen, Germany
    Feb 20, 2011, 3:55 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #58

That's the spirit Dude
  9. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    New York
    Feb 20, 2011, 10:21 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #59

you can buy the bowling shirt on thinkgeek.com or you used to idk if its sold out
    From
    Durham, NC
    Feb 21, 2011, 2:18 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #60

This thread made my week.
    From
    Madison, Florida
    Feb 21, 2011, 11:12 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #61

Has no one considered doing the Dude's outfit from Gutterballs scene?
    Last edited by CB2001; Feb 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM.
    From
    Tampa Bay area, Florida
    Feb 22, 2011, 8:37 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #62

CB2001 said: View Post
    Has no one considered doing the Dude's outfit from Gutterballs scene?
    But of course!!

And Luke, a belated 'happy birthday' to you , Sir! Hope the caucasian(s) were kind to you!!

Art
    'Jon8712'
    From
    Madison, Florida
    Feb 22, 2011, 9:59 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #63

Jon8712 said: View Post
    But of course!!

And Luke, a belated 'happy birthday' to you , Sir! Hope the caucasian(s) were kind to you!!

Art
    'Jon8712'

Okay, that answers my question. Now, time for me to drop in, to see what condition my condition is in.
    Mar 2, 2011, 12:21 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #64

Not dead, just busy with work and still waiting for the new credit card to come in the mail.

In the meantime, enjoy this alteration to my church's bulletin.
    Last edited by CrowTeeRobot; Mar 3, 2011 at 2:22 AM.
    From
    Tampa Bay area, Florida
    Mar 2, 2011, 1:55 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #65

Just back from the Tampa Lebowski Fest, what an awesome time.

Here are some pics of me and my Maude:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb...news-breaking/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb...entertainment/
    (I'm in the 3rd pic)

]TBOEXTRA.com :: Lebowski Fest 2011
    (My Maude throws the Gutterball at 0:02)

What was really cool is that Ridley and Tony Scott's production company, RSA, were filming a documentary on the inspiration for the Dude, Jeff Dowd (who was at the fest all weekend), and they got us a hotel room so that they could film us getting into character. I made a joke with the doc director after we filmed, which took about 1 and 1/2 hours, asking if we could get a Blade Runner poster autographed by Ridley...and then immediately said I was just funnin'...but the director said 'that's not out of the question'...

Art
    'Jon8712'
    Mar 2, 2011, 2:58 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #66

Jon8712 said: View Post
    Just back from the Tampa Lebowski Fest, what an awesome time.

Here are some pics of me and my Maude:

All hail the Dude: His followers abide at Lebowski Fest

Cult film aficionados flock to Lebowski Fest
    (I'm in the 3rd pic)

]TBOEXTRA.com :: Lebowski Fest 2011
    (My Maude throws the Gutterball at 0:02)

What was really cool is that Ridley and Tony Scott's production company, RSA, were filming a documentary on the inspiration for the Dude, Jeff Dowd (who was at the fest all weekend), and they got us a hotel room so that they could film us getting into character. I made a joke with the doc director after we filmed, which took about 1 and 1/2 hours, asking if we could get a Blade Runner poster autographed by Ridley...and then immediately said I was just funnin'...but the director said 'that's not out of the question'...

Art
    'Jon8712'
    Lookin' good man, lookin' good. The robe especially looks good. Hoping to hit up the Columbus Lebowski Fest myself, and if not that one then definitely the NYC one. And that is 100% awesomeness about the Ridley Scott autographed poster, you never know unless you ask!

I just wanna say that this a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Thanks guys.
  17. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Mar 14, 2011, 6:10 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #67

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Thought I'd toss my hat in the ring here - I'm usually one of the only 'Walters' at Dragon*Con. Here's a pic of me in my 'pose' with a great LoPan.

I'll look for one of me and my girlfriend who was a Dudette at Lebowski Fest last year - it was great.
    Mar 28, 2011, 12:10 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #68

thejumbo said: View Post
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Thought I'd toss my hat in the ring here - I'm usually one of the only 'Walters' at Dragon*Con. Here's a pic of me in my 'pose' with a great LoPan.

I'll look for one of me and my girlfriend who was a Dudette at Lebowski Fest last year - it was great.
    Nice job, man! A lot of great Walter's in this thread!

Sorry for the deadness, but I've been busy working and applying for scholarships and the like for this fall, but I haven't forgotten about you guys!

So as it turns out, my Grandmother learned to knit in German, so she's unfamiliar with the terms on the knitting pattern I gave her.
    I'm now going through the instructions myself, listing all the terms, and making a master list of terms and definitions for her in english. So hopefully she'll be able to work with that. she really is a great lady and I'm blessed to have her around, now I'm just wondering what I can do to suitably thank her for all her hard work.
    So in the meantime I was perusing the bay and came across some Lebowski sweaters at pretty reasonable prices, I did my usual thing where I bid in the last five seconds and managed to snag this: #3 VTG PENDLETON LEBOWSKI COWICHAN WESTERN SWEATER LG With shipping it came out around $65, which is just about the same amount I spent on knitting supplies!
    I'm thinking that I'll hang onto both sweaters so I can have a real one, and one with sentimental value. The sweater should be here today or tomorrow, I'll post pictures once it arrives.

Thanks guys!
    Mar 28, 2011, 1:58 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #69

My sweater came about twenty minutes ago, and I gotta say it's pretty awesome.

The sweater is in really great condition, there's only some pilling on the shoulders and back of the arms, overall, I'm very satisfied. It may be a little small (An xl would've suited me better.) but it looks and feels great.

Apr 16, 2011, 10:11 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #70

Well, I decided that this should just be a thread related to all Lebowski costumes in genereal, so here goes.

I noticed that alot of people are just settling for plain yellow aviators for their Walter costumes, I decided to find the correct kind.

They're air force style yellow aviators which can be noted by the forehead pad and the bendy ear hooks, They also have a thicker, more round style silver frame to them. I managed to find some from a wholesale seller on ebay for $6.95 with free shipping, and man do they look good!

I'm now on the search for a close or accurate vest, maybe you guys can help me out here.

I'm looking for one with the correct pocket pattern, but so far it's been hard to find ones that are even close, and it seems that most hunting and fishing vests stop at or above the waist, so you'd need an above xl size to get the right length.
    May 4, 2011, 1:56 PM - #71

Hello! New here, good thread. Here is my first pic.
    May 4, 2011, 2:00 PM - #72

Hi! Cool thread guys.

May 4, 2011, 5:04 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread #73

Excellent, man! You've definitely got the look down, and I'm jealous of your accurate colored sweater.
    captjamesbrooke said: View Post
    Hi! Cool thread guys.

May 4, 2011, 5:23 PM - #74

Excellent, man! You've definitely got the look down, and I'm jealous of your accurate colored sweater.
    Cheers man! Yours is cool too mind. I need to get some shades next, I have been checking out the Vuarnet 30 on eBay but they keep going for lots of cash. Any advice on that front?
    I also have a 'chinaman' baseball top that I got years back, it's one of my fave items of clothing and gets lots of wear. I'll post a pic when I get the chance.
    May 5, 2011, 1:21 PM - #75

Here we go!