Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
Subscribe
    From
    Seattle, WA
    3 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 2:05 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #526

heya Dudes!

I'm thinking of adding the dream sequence white jumpsuit to my costume collection. I'm likely going to just go the cheap route and get a generic one from online, but if anyone knows first-hand what brand was used in the movie, i'd appreciate the knowledge! I've been checking thrift stores for them (Value Village has uniform and worker outfits from time to time), but so far nothing has turned up.

(side note just to catch people up on things since my last post... i had a great time at ECCC 2018 as The Dude again, getting some decent photos. i'm even scheduled with a con photographer in July to do some photos around the city in my various Dude costumes, and then attending Lebowski Fest in Louisville that same month. i've done a Deadpool / Dude mashup -- Dudepool -- that still needs some more things worked out before i'm happy with it, and doing a "Doobie-Wan Kenobi (or Dude Skywalker)" jedi / Dude mashup for RCCC this fall.)
    2 Days Ago  May 24, 2018, 10:51 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #527

Phased said: View Post
    heya Dudes!

I'm thinking of adding the dream sequence white jumpsuit to my costume collection. I'm likely going to just go the cheap route and get a generic one from online, but if anyone knows first-hand what brand was used in the movie, i'd appreciate the knowledge! I've been checking thrift stores for them (Value Village has uniform and worker outfits from time to time), but so far nothing has turned up.

(side note just to catch people up on things since my last post... i had a great time at ECCC 2018 as The Dude again, getting some decent photos. i'm even scheduled with a con photographer in July to do some photos around the city in my various Dude costumes, and then attending Lebowski Fest in Louisville that same month. i've done a Deadpool / Dude mashup -- Dudepool -- that still needs some more things worked out before i'm happy with it, and doing a "Doobie-Wan Kenobi (or Dude Skywalker)" jedi / Dude mashup for RCCC this fall.)
    Please share that Dudepool mash up! Sounds amazing.

As for the jumpsuit, the one mentioned here seems like a pretty good fit even though I doubt it's the same exact brand.
    From
    Southern California
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 12:09 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #528

ysosrs said: View Post
    ...As for the jumpsuit, the one mentioned here seems like a pretty good fit even though I doubt it's the same exact brand.
    That's actually a pretty close match. Phased should be good to go once he cuts the sleeves off. And gets the tool belt...and the bowling shoes.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 1:45 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #529

Please share that Dudepool mash up! Sounds amazing.
    i only have one photo from the group event we did that day, but for a trial run the mashup turned out well. i'm going to invest in a better mask ($50 vs $7... figured cheaper was better in case i didn't want to commit to it). i may also end up adding a Deadpool belt and/or dual-bandolier... or not. heh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31969882_10156086452425667_4594680284397436928_o.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	793.4 KB 
ID:	819738

As for the jumpsuit, the one mentioned here seems like a pretty good fit even though I doubt it's the same exact brand.
    Zombie_61 said: View Post
    That's actually a pretty close match. Phased should be good to go once he cuts the sleeves off. And gets the tool belt...and the bowling shoes.
    thanks guys! i'll check that out. tool belt shouldn't be TOO hard to find since i'm not going to worry about that being spot-on. as long as it can carry a drill and some other tools, i'm fine. bowling shoes i was thinking of faking with glitter paint and something similar shaped. i've had bad luck for finding vintage bowling shoes in my size (10 1/2 mens) due to my wider foot. i just need to find the appropriate style of hair clip, too. heh

EDIT:
    hahaha i was checking out the cosplay showcases at that link you posted, ysosrs, and what do i find under the Big Lebowski images? a shot of me from ECCC last year in the bowling outfit (ugh, my hair wasn't cooperating that day and was too straight and flat)
    https://www.gogocosplay.com/big-lebowski-cosplay/
    Last edited by Phased; 2 Days Ago at 11:56 AM.
    2 Days Ago  May 25, 2018, 2:53 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #530

Phased said: View Post
    i only have one photo from the group event we did that day, but for a trial run the mashup turned out well. i'm going to invest in a better mask ($50 vs $7... figured cheaper was better in case i didn't want to commit to it). i may also end up adding a Deadpool belt and/or dual-bandolier... or not. heh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31969882_10156086452425667_4594680284397436928_o.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	793.4 KB 
ID:	819738

thanks guys! i'll check that out. tool belt shouldn't be TOO hard to find since i'm not going to worry about that being spot-on. as long as it can carry a drill and some other tools, i'm fine. bowling shoes i was thinking of faking with glitter paint and something similar shaped. i've had bad luck for finding vintage bowling shoes in my size (10 1/2 mens) due to my wider foot. i just need to find the appropriate style of hair clip, too. heh

EDIT:
    hahaha i was checking out the cosplay showcases at that link you posted, ysosrs, and what do i find under the Big Lebowski images? a shot of me from ECCC last year in the bowling outfit (ugh, my hair wasn't cooperating that day and was too straight and flat)
    https://www.gogocosplay.com/big-lebowski-cosplay/
    LOL! That's funny.

I love the Dudepool. Ya, I'd agree about upgrading the mask, but in a way it kind of suits the character.