Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Mar 25, 2016, 3:52 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #476

Hi all,

Just signed up today, man. I've been looking for the Perry Ellis robe, but no joy. Any help would be appreciated.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Apr 10, 2016, 11:23 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #477

Was this anyone from this thread? I bumped into him at ECCC this year (whew, good thing I chose not to do The Dude this time around! heh)

Nice work if it was anyone from here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3833b.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	473.5 KB 
ID:	613604
  3. Member Since
    May 2016
    May 31, 2016, 1:51 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #478

Nice collection of information everyone. Im a new member of this page that has had frequent public interactions lately where people would call me "the dude" (or tell me I look like the dude) after some internet surfing i've come to find out about the move ( that I just finished watching because I hadn't seen it) Interesting thing is I feel like my normal bum clothes are what the dude would wear on a normal day. Nevertheless this thread has peaked my interest and will be looking into some more accurate dude duds soon. below is a picture my friend took of me the other day, wearing pajama pants from REI the v-neck is covington, hoodie is Alfani and the glasses are Gucci. Again this is all stuff I've had for years and wear often
    Jul 3, 2016, 2:32 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #479

where could I find a robe like the dudes? I'm a perfectionist so I have to ask
  5. Member Since
    May 2016
    Jul 7, 2016, 12:24 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #480

It's been a somewhat eventful 2 months, i've become obsessed with trying to obtain accurate Lebowski gear. managed to get a good amount of it as seen below..

First we have the classic Vuarnet 003's these were somewhat a pain to find, the color isn't movie accurate however I managed to get them for $70.. (I ended up buying brown ones anyway cost me almost $300

The first outfit I "completed" was the one I believe he wore the majority of the movie. The sweatshirt is the one i posted previously, the t shirt (that I intend on dyeing a bit darker) was from target, the brand is mossimo they have a nice worn look to them and are around $10. The shorts are Lee Dungarees and are very similar (except they have cargo pockets) to the dude's shorts Found them at Burlington coat factory. $15 And of course the Jelly sandals. I found them on Amazon, however the largest size they had were size 10 (and I normally wear 12's) while they are very tight and my heel slightly hangs off the end I believe I could wear them for a few hours without too many issues. They were $10 shipped. (if anyone has any information where I could get some larger ones I would appreciate it i've spent hours online looking)

Not quite costume related but I found this gem at the local Hastings on sale for $125 (normally $200) pretty neat

And the popular outfit. I got the pants from the colors de pueblo website that everyone posed up here, (xxl) the shirt like the other grey one is also from target mossimo and has that neat worn look already (xxl) the Jacket is the reproduction/costume one you can find online for around $80 however check eBay because i picked this one up for $40 new. (it's also size xxl) and last but not least the shoes are otomix,(size 12) now the otomix mentioned earlier in this thread have been discontinued however, otomix started making them again (because they were the first shoe they made) the design is slightly different but it sure beats looking for the original pair. For reference to the sizes I listed, I am 6'5" 260lbs and generally wear 38" waist.

anyway that's it for now, I have a few other things to add and some other stuff in the mail. I'll post them up when they get here.
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Jul 29, 2016, 4:46 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #481

Name:	2015-11-01_12.21.23.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	649261

- - - Updated - - -

Name:	2015-11-02_19.27.16.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	649262
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    From
    Detroit
    Oct 3, 2016, 1:13 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #482

Excellent thread here gang!!! The Dude abides!!!!
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    From
    Detroit
    Oct 3, 2016, 1:25 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #483

Here's a couple pics of my last 2 attempts at becoming The Dude...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	669290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	669291
  9. RPF Premium Member hebrewersfan's Avatar
    Nov 17, 2016, 8:46 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #484

I was looking for the cardigan and was ready to pull the trigger on Pendleton's website (thought that was the only place to get it from, figured directly from the source was as good as any). Luckily I was trying to find a size chart and came across it on Lucky Brand's site. Right now its 40% off, and if you sign up for their email list, you can get an extra 10% off your order as well. Planning on wearing it all winter

http://www.luckybrand.com/the-origin...y/YLPA689.html
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Mar 3, 2017, 12:40 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #485

Hey Dudes!

Long time since my last post in here! ECCC 2017 is going on this weekend and after a year hiatus I'm going back as The Dude for it. A friend of mine hand-knitted me a new sweater using a pattern from online, which looks incredible. i just need to replace the zipper pull ring, not because it's not authentic but because it's a bit small and bends easily. The full sweater (XXL in size) used up about $100ish in wool yarn, better-than-good quality she assures me.

Name:	16711774_10206697812318052_2905633375903319720_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	711301

i can find out which pattern she used for it if anyone is interested and it's not already one of the ones posted earlier in the thread.

Cheers!

EDIT:
    Cosplay at the con was a big success! The new sweater went over well, as did the gelatin white russian prop (see info in this thread, page 18 on how to make one). I stuck with sneakers for comfort after blowing out the strap on my jelly sandals two years ago. I might modernize the look next time with a pair of clear Crocs (The Dude would totally wear Crocs)

Name:	17203167_1422378234459386_8242353893483585093_n.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	712784
    Last edited by Phased; Mar 8, 2017 at 9:44 PM.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Mar 19, 2017, 7:33 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #486

Any leads on the style of bowling ball bag used in the movie? I think i recall something earlier in this thread about it from a couple of years ago, but I was unable to find any details when reading through the comments.

I found a decent retro bag on eBay for $25 that will work well enough to pass scrutiny from all but the most observant fans. The one in the movie looks more like a 1960s (1950s??) style small all-leather bag with handles, but for now I went with the Don Carter brown bag from Brunswick (circa late '70s or early '80s). If nothing else, it will be perfect for the practicality need of carrying around a water bottle, portable battery charger, and other odds & ends.

Name:	IMG_5280.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	610.6 KB 
ID:	715526

I'm also in the process of coming up with a different white russian prop to carry around. The gelatin recipe I came up with works great, but I'm doing my first out-of-city con (in Portland) this year and figured I needed something with a bit more stability (although I was willing to do some MacGuyver-style gelatin production in my hotel room with hot water from the coffee maker, ice to cool & chill it, and such). I'm trying this with silicone and plastic ice cubes and will post some pics (and instructions) once it's all done in about a week or two.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Mar 28, 2017, 4:31 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #487

Phased said: View Post
    I'm also in the process of coming up with a different white russian prop to carry around. The gelatin recipe I came up with works great, but I'm doing my first out-of-city con (in Portland) this year and figured I needed something with a bit more stability (although I was willing to do some MacGuyver-style gelatin production in my hotel room with hot water from the coffee maker, ice to cool & chill it, and such). I'm trying this with silicone and plastic ice cubes and will post some pics (and instructions) once it's all done in about a week or two.
    Silicone turned out well, but it's not the best material to work with, especially when wanting to put some fake ice cubes in it unless you do a solid fill (which i didn't, to save on material costs).

Name:	silicone.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	717573

i found a thread elsewhere on here that recommended wax, though, which is brilliant! i still need to play around with getting the right wax ratios for the color i want (cheaper buying white and brown candles than a beige or anything scented). i have some tweaks i'm going to do still, mostly to the ice cubes (going to do an insert to rest them on for various angles and heights) -- and yay, wax is easy to melt back down to reuse, so even the mistakes can be redone!

Name:	wax.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	717574
    From
    Annapolis MD
    Mar 28, 2017, 4:35 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #488

Pretty cool. And all this time, I was just carrying around the real thing.
    From
    Southern California
    Mar 29, 2017, 12:49 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #489

MooCriket said: View Post
    Pretty cool. And all this time, I was just carrying around the real thing.
    That's not only easier, but it tastes better than silicone and candle wax.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Jul 15, 2017, 9:08 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #490

Both good points, but unfortunately cons around here don't take to kindly to people walking around with alcohol. /sigh Walking around with an iced coffee in a bar glass, though, works well!

I finalized the work (after a few months of bad attempts) of the wax versions. I'm totally ready for Rose City Comic Con in 2 months to try them out, along with a few other props and changes to costumes.
    Aug 9, 2017, 9:45 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #491

I would also like to get his costume. One of my favorite movies
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Sep 14, 2017, 2:09 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #492

Hey Dudes. Wrapped up RCCC 2017 this last weekend with a 3-outfit run for The Dude. Sweater + purple tee + gym pants on day 1, sweater + grey tee + green plaid shorts on day 2, and bowling shirt + tan plaid shorts on day 3. I added a few things to my costumes this time around, including a handmade mourning band for the bowling shirt ensemble.

People were impressed with the wax White Russian prop, as well as the jelly sandals (had a ton of people ask me where i found them!). I also broke down and bought the official Pendleton sweater since I had a coupon code for their site. Hopefully it'll be worth the $$$ since i'll be wearing it a few more times, including when i officiate for my sister's wedding next year (as a Dudist priest and wearing the sweater for the ceremony).

I spaced on having someone take my photos from the con this time around, but managed to find a few on Instagram that people have given me permission to share. Enjoy!

Name:	21462515_10208015975831316_4622218748759578604_n.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	758612
  18. RPF Premium Member MattgomeryBurns's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 14, 2017, 5:33 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #493

Phased said: View Post
    Hey Dudes. Wrapped up RCCC 2017 this last weekend with a 3-outfit run for The Dude. Sweater + purple tee + gym pants on day 1, sweater + grey tee + green plaid shorts on day 2, and bowling shirt + tan plaid shorts on day 3. I added a few things to my costumes this time around, including a handmade mourning band for the bowling shirt ensemble.

People were impressed with the wax White Russian prop, as well as the jelly sandals (had a ton of people ask me where i found them!). I also broke down and bought the official Pendleton sweater since I had a coupon code for their site. Hopefully it'll be worth the $$$ since i'll be wearing it a few more times, including when i officiate for my sister's wedding next year (as a Dudist priest and wearing the sweater for the ceremony).

I spaced on having someone take my photos from the con this time around, but managed to find a few on Instagram that people have given me permission to share. Enjoy!

Name:	21462515_10208015975831316_4622218748759578604_n.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	758612
    Please tell me you'll be standing on a rug during the ceremony. Stellar job on the outfit btw.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Sep 18, 2017, 9:48 AM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #494

MattgomeryBurns said: View Post
    Please tell me you'll be standing on a rug during the ceremony. Stellar job on the outfit btw.
    hahaha! i should totally look into something for that. If nothing else, I have a persian rug mousepad (had it long before ever seeing TBL) that i could work in as a moment of levitty (more like a one-two punch with pulling out the sweater, then a "hang on a minute..." thing and pull it out and say it really ties the ceremony together) as i kick things off. great idea, man! thanks!
    3 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 1:04 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #495

Doee anyone know where i could get the otomix shoes? I know they sell ones with a different design, but I of course want ones like in the movie
  21. Keepin' it real since '00 RPF Premium Member Funky's Avatar
    3 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 1:16 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #496

sonicfreak04 said: View Post
    Doee anyone know where i could get the otomix shoes? I know they sell ones with a different design, but I of course want ones like in the movie
    Those have been sold out years ago. You may get lucky as they pop up on eBay from time to time. You just have to wait for your size. You should be able to get them for about 400.00.
    From
    Southern California
    3 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 11:22 PM - Re: The Big Lebowski Costume Thread #497

Funky said: View Post
    ...You should be able to get them for about 400.00.
    It's like Lenin said: you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh, you know, you'll uh, uh...well, you know what I'm trying' to say...