The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

That's very interesting, Sig. I performed a Google image search and got no results on the Pagenet Nationwide logo.

My jellies arrived today and they are comfy. I wear men's US size 6½, so the euro size 38 was perfect.

Trudy, today I received an email invoice for my Otomix .

Last edited:
That's very interesting, Sig. I performed a Google image search and got no results on the Pagenet Worldwide logo.

Worldwide?
I'm a little confused.

Are you saying no results for the nationwide logo on a bravo plus pager?
Or no results at all?

Here:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/big-lebowski-costume-thread-106839/index11.html#post3170122
you provided two pics which I combined here.

Is it correct that the top pic is a crop of snap from the blu-ray (of the pager being worn by the dude)?
Is it correct that the bottom pic is an actual Pagenet Nationwide logo, which you assessed as a match for the pager in the top pic, but you have no info on if a pager ever came with that logo?

your friend in maximum pager accuracy,
arthur

Last edited:
Oops. I meant "Nationwide".
Yes, that's a screen grab of the bluray showing the pager worn by the Dude when the scene opens as the pager is beeping and the screen is rotating while his Dudeness is on the floor.
The bottom pic logo is the only result I found from Google image search and I believe it is the same logo on El Duderino's beepness.

When I called the ebay seller in AZ, I asked if they had any with the logo in question and they looked and then said no. So I opted for a blank and will be printing out the logo and taping it with clear packing tape.

Thoughts? Lotta strands going through the old Duder's head.

When I called the ebay seller in AZ, I asked if they had any with the logo in question and they looked and then said no. So I opted for a blank and will be printing out the logo and taping it with clear packing tape.

Thoughts?

Great info; I think you hit upon the best plan.
Short term: Get an unlabelled Bravo Plus and put a replica label on it.
Long term: Keep an eye open for/try to learn more about one with the factory label.

PicsArt_1390928162041.jpg
I've been researching the Dude's bowling pin pipe. Chameleon Glass out of AZ sells them for $50 each, but I found them for $12.50 at this URL:

3 3/4' Bowling Pin Glass Hand Pipe : hi420

The only issue is that The Dude's pipe is probably ceramic. Not glass. The pipes offered by Chameleon and the link above are actually clear glass with white "frit" which is just tiny specks of glass. From a distance, a popular with heavy frit might appear to be a solid color. But up close, it's noticeable.

Last edited:
The "Z" pattern is reversed on the front left shoulder and front left body of the sweater:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/Zombie_61/Miscellaneous/Lebowski_cardigan_zpsb9351d89.jpg

On Bridges' sweater they all face the same way. Other than that it's a decent match, especially at that price. I'd order one right now if I knew the sizing was accurate.

Here is some info I put together when I was looking for a Dude sweater:

company: Pendleton Woolen Mills
style: vintage Westerly, 3gg knit wool cardigan, inspired by Cowichan sweaters of the Pacific Northwest tribes
line: Western (white background label)
pattern: Aztec
colors: black, brown, and tan
size: large

some info:
The Dude Cardigan Abides. | Pendleton Woolen Mills
WESTERLEY CARDIGAN
Now you can own the Dude's Big Lebowski sweater · The A.V. Club
'The Big Lebowski' cardigan: The sequel, from Pendleton Woolen Mills | OregonLive.com

Last edited:
Great info; I think you hit upon the best plan.
Short term: Get an unlabelled Bravo Plus and put a replica label on it.
Long term: Keep an eye open for/try to learn more about one with the factory label.

Found this pic of two correct label bravo plusses:

from a Vietnamese translation of an old USA e-bay auction:
http://www.ebay.vn/san-pham/3-pagen...pager-pagers-beeper-beepers-230982890845.html

The label is 180 degrees opposite than the Dude's pager. Here's another shot of it:

from
20 "Big Lebowski" Facts That Will Make You Love This Movie Even More

It looks like the dude had the rarest of Motorola Bravo Plus pagers:
Pagenet
Pagenet Nationwide
Pagenet Nationwide with label 180 degrees from usual

Last edited:
Sig the sleuth! Excellent detective work! Especially excellent detective work on those pagers. I'll now use your eBay image of pagers as a reference for my homemade replica logo.I'm unable to find The Dude's olive drab zip hoodie. I find everything that's a pretty close match, but there's always one aspect or another that blows the whole thing. Too forest green messing up my good green, wrong color zipper, wrong pull strings, etc. Anybody have a line on this one? Army surplus, perhaps? This thread is alive and kicking! P.S. Anyone attending LF in Tampa?

View attachment 272822 View attachment 272823

Two images of the official Dude costume taken at the Seattle Cinerama. As you can see, the pants look a lot more faded gray and a lot less purple than in the movie.

Since there seem to be a lot of askers, I was able to get the pants here: Big Lebowski pants

They're super high quality, which means that they'll have to go through the wash more than a few times to look like the Dude's faded slacks. But the pattern is spot-on, and they were definitely worth the price. (They're also not green at all -- unlike their preview pic.)

Great pics of the original costume. Their un-purpleness is backed up with the pic from the Julien's auction:

from
THE BIG LEBOWSKI JEFF BRIDGES PURPLE SHIRT AND PANTS - Price Estimate: $750 - $1000

Thanks for the link to the Colores Del Pueblo replica pants. They look pretty good!
[URL=http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/sigmfsk2/media/therpf/lebowski_pants_zps70d9c26c.jpg.html]
[/URL]
from
Big Lebowski pants

Last edited:
Sig the sleuth! Excellent detective work! Especially excellent detective work on those pagers. I'll now use your eBay image of pagers as a reference for my homemade replica logo.I'm unable to find The Dude's olive drab zip hoodie. I find everything that's a pretty close match, but there's always one aspect or another that blows the whole thing. Too forest green messing up my good green, wrong color zipper, wrong pull strings, etc. Anybody have a line on this one? Army surplus, perhaps? This thread is alive and kicking! P.S. Anyone attending LF in Tampa?
I hope you'll share the final logo with us! I'd be happy to pay for a printed sticker for my beeper if that's what you're considering!

Great pants they are, Sig. I found a nice website featuring around 8 or 10 ways to age/distress clothing. But I'm gonna go the natural way . I'm sure I could probably find that site again, if anyone is interested.

Trudy, I intended to mail out some Pagenet Nationwide labels to the few of us who are currently acquiring/assembling wardrobes, etc. Past that, perhaps members would be okay with sending me a S.A.S.E. (self-addressed stamped envelope) Let's see if I can crank one out first.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with sending a SASE, or paypaling you the cash as a gift. Let's see how it comes out first, though!

Also, received my Otomix invoice. Can't wait to have the basic wardrobe all together. :') (I'm also keeping my eye on a Pendleton sweater on ebay that's in my size, but I'll probably have to fight for it with at least two others.)

Sorry, no info on the pants. But that LP replica costume idea is awesome!

My wife thinks they look like nurse scrubs/pants, I'm going to check at Working Gear and see if they can match them up. They look light sage colored. They could just be sweat pants, but it appears they are tied off on the bottoms instead of elastics.

And thanks! I thought the LP was a way to approach the costume a little differently. I'm just trying to get a clean capture of the LP from the BluRay, I might have to merge two images and play with the perspective to square it off.

As an ordained Dudeist priest, I dig your style. I can ask about the checbook. Or since I got a little skill in Photoshop and Illustrator I can try to recreate a check from a screencap.

Hey guys, I finished the album cover in photoshop tonight, it's a perfect 12.5"x12.5" to glue over an existing LP cover I have here - can anyone recommend a on demand print service? Kinkos wants $36.00 to print on gloss stock and quite frankly that seems awfully high, I am looking for other option to print it out. Post places you think can do it cheaper.

Edit: Checked Costco, $2.99 to print 12"x12" but that isn't quite right. I need the full 12.5x12.5".

Edit: Problem solved, 16x20" poster print from costco, $8.00

I'll post photos once I get it all finished

Last edited:
Also, spotted these jelly sandals on ebay from Hawaii. They look pretty damn close. Item: 290750959426. Size 12 was $30 with $10 s/h. Thoughts?

Multiple sizes and quantities were available, he ships worldwide apparently.

$(KGrHqN,!k0E9RQb03rpBPmzumm0Qw~~60_12.JPG$(KGrHqZ,!qwE-YohbfpKBPmzusJiHw~~60_12.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I finished the album cover in photoshop tonight, it's a perfect 12.5"x12.5" to glue over an existing LP cover I have here - can anyone recommend a on demand print service? Kinkos wants $36.00 to print on gloss stock and quite frankly that seems awfully high, I am looking for other option to print it out. Post places you think can do it cheaper.

Edit: Checked Costco, $2.99 to print 12"x12" but that isn't quite right. I need the full 12.5x12.5".

Edit: Problem solved, 16x20" poster print from costco, $8.00

I'll post photos once I get it all finished

That sounds pretty ****ing sweet, dude.

In other news, I managed to get a vintage pendleton sweater for a decent price off ebay (~$130). Worth it just to have that real, authentic look. Unfortunately, my pants quite literally fell apart in the wash due to a defect, and I have to wait until med-Feb for them to send me a replacement.

At least by then, my costume should be (mostly) complete. Minus the wig and all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back