The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

Update on the hunt:

Got the Walkman and the Vaurnet sunglasses, trying to lock down the sweater @80stees.com (a little pricey).

Still need the Otomix mf100...tried the Italian online store but unfortunately no option to ship to the states... o_O Sent them an email but haven't heard back.

Last item I need is the weightlifting pants, had a pair lined up on eBay, but someone snatched em up before I could...

Please if anyone has some leads haha, or has a few detectives working in shifts...let me know what they find. Trying to get this done before the weekend.

Otomix size 12-13
Weightlifting pants L or XL

Hello there! I'm brand spankin' new to the site here. I just wanted to drop by this thread specifically and thank everyone that's posted because I pretty much relied on this thread to piece together my Big Lebowski costume for my 21st birthday.

I was pretty stoked to find a pair of the Otomix MF100s as it seems like they're pretty hard to come by. Completed the look with the Kaoru Betto shirt and that pair of Life is Good pajama pants someone suggested here.

Can someone tell me what wool i am after, double knitt, chunky....? And how much I need of it to knitt the cardigan, each colour.

EDIT: Never mind that, I figured it out.

Last edited:
This is an awesome thread! I'm watching the film right now :lol Any ideas on maudes robe? I'd love to do this costume with my wife, and she is down with it! :thumbsup

big-lebowski-costume-thread-maude-robe.jpg-136386d1357965342
sorry for the double post but this is the robe I'm trying to find a pattern for

hey all...great thread I've been lurking here for a bit.

I'm not looking to get the whole costume just the sweater and robe. However I'm having a hard time finding something affordable. I don't mind the Dude replica from Pendleton or even a vintage one with the colors a bit different, but everything is crazy expensive. Any tips?

19950-df58cdae65b611e2879322000a9f1376-6-abiding.jpg

Ladies can be Dudes, too. This is my Dude costume for spirit week. Found the robe at Salvation army, along with the tshirt and the bowling pajama pants (which I know arent SA, but come on...bowling pajama pants)

I'm about to order my clear jelly shoes now, they're super trendy with girls my age where I live so they're pretty cheap and easy to find.

I'm about to order my clear jelly shoes now, they're super trendy with girls my age where I live so they're pretty cheap and easy to find.
I wish I could say that; I had to order mine from the U.K.. Last week our dog ate one of 'em, so I don't think I'll be dressing as The Dude for Halloween this year. :unsure

I wish I could say that; I had to order mine from the U.K.. Last week our dog ate one of 'em, so I don't think I'll be dressing as The Dude for Halloween this year. :unsure
While it might not be SA, The Dude wearing one sandal repaired with duct tape would be soooo Dudish :cool, and you make a really awesome Dude:thumbsup
:cheers Go for it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back