MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

Ahhhh, there we go! :)

They look really good. Now for the tops, I would use Testors red or some sort of bright red...and for the bottom a red/brown type color..to give it the screen accurate look.

Also, paint the part underneath the tops with Testors gold, it's nice and shiny and gives it a real brassy look.

Last edited:
FInished with the Dash... FINALLY..

Here are some pics...

Not 100% accurate.. but I'm happy with it. :unsure
NOW for the Rear Bulkhead!!!

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, but honestly. The Rowans are way too forward, I didn't want to say anything before...and you didn't take my advice when painting them, as it's just one uniform bright red...when the lower part is meant to be brown/red. If you want to go for accuracy you might consider tweaking it a bit.

WOW!!! This is some AMAZING work. I would LOVE to have a replica BTTF DeLorean this close to being accurate. I will be following this thread religiously and drooling over all the pics! :love

hello all

i too have been upgrading my delorean , this is the first site ive found that details anything about it

so far i have done
carpet ,floor matts repaint interior with extra detail and wire ( i might have to delete the seat belts after seing this )

removed the fake wiring at the rear and will add new in the right location

cut and added material to the front bumper to remove the wrong bendy look

added detail to the rear deck such as real wires and a new grille for the driver side thingy

im working on making the headlamps look more accurate when lit , i plan to add more led such as for the wheels and the underside ..although im not too good at wiring so i might lose the sound effects and just have it permantly lit

i have the stickerfixer kit ...can anyone advise on the location of them all ? 5,6,7 arent that obvious

i plan to paint the body with alclad chrome effect paint

id like to alter the mirrors but im unsure how to..any advice?

This is all I did to my Sunstar:
JupiterLightningProject003.jpg

Just threw a little colour on & shortened Mr. Fusion.
Enough of a fan to do the REALLY obvious stuff, not enough to go all out like you guys did/are.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back