MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

Great work man! I'm really looking forward to see what you do in re-scribing the lines on the seats...I had trouble with mine..lousy cheap-ass molded DST styrene..arrg

Actually Spencer, (if you mean the 2 red boxes) they're still there. I just haven't painted them yet. There's still allot of work to be done on the dash. I'm just trying to find a faster way to add the cables.. Radio Shack didn't have the right size... ended up getting telephone wire... but still too small. I might have to continue with the .020" styrene tubes! :cry

I want to get as close to this as possible!

Last edited:
For the wire, look into CAT-5 cable. If you take off the outer shielding there are a bunch of really thin wires in there. A few feet of that and you should be good for the entire model!

For wire, go to an electronics store and look for "wrapping wire". It's fairly thin and easily poseable. If you don't have luck there, go to Detailmaster.com and order a few spools of their 1/24 ignition wire.

As for the Rowan Contactors, If I were you I would have cut the originals off and scratch-built a new set, that way you could install them on a plate - as the original's were mounted on a slim aluminium plate, much like everything else on the car's. Although, some new tops would make a world of difference.

When painting them, be sure to paint the base in a dark red and the top section a bright red, like the originals. Looking forward to more updates, your doing a good job.

Thanks for the kind words... And yes, I have checked them out... Nice stuff! Would LOVE to get a real one for myself!
I have pretty good BTTF reference, those you mentioned and a plethora of "confidential" photos from all 3 films in the making. :love

Sorry BTTFSpencer, thanks for the info. Just haven't had time to check the wire out. :wacko
Compucrap, haven't decided if I'm going to replace those or not... we'll see...

They are not really done, but thought I could share the seats...
Here's what I've done so far.... Removed the seat belts & added wear/wrinkles to the leather.

I know I keep jumping around to different interior parts.. but I'm just trying to do as much was I can with the little time I have. :unsure

Added more cables & GPS Speedometer

Last edited:
I am really salivating over this modification of yours. I truly am seeing that you are making much effort in making this much better than what it originally has been.

Good job and hope to see this thing come together.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back