MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

I removed the Mr. Fusion. & The cable attached to the vents.
The Mr. Fusion was glued on REAL GOOD! :angry

I'm not sure if I will rework this final piece or build it from scratch (black piece w/vents). I'd rather use it because it's made of very strong plastic(?).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I decided to start the mods in the interior.
Here you can see that I removed the Speedometer & the stuff above the Time Circuits.
I plan on scratching these. Also I added carpet to the interior.

Oh man, it'd be horrible if you got it all back together and ended up having a few "extra" parts left over! (Although, with the mods you're making, that might be part of the plan.) I also like how even professional manufacturers use hot glue to pin things down. It truly is a wonder substance!

Keep the pics coming, I love seeing inside stuff! ^_^

I have the Sun Star 1/18 diecast. All I did was throw some paint on a few parts, & fix 'Mr. Fusion' to look right. You are doing TREMENDOUS work on yours! I salute you, sir!!!:thumbsup

Thanks Chrisisall, I also modified my 1:18 a while back but stopped 1/2 way. I took a PLAIN DMC & added parts from a BTTF 1 diecast & scratched a few other parts. I didn't do a great job as you can see here:

Last edited:
MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15 : NEW PICS

Just a small update...
I sucessfully removed some wiring & the stuff on the right of the dash. Loks nasty, but it's smooth.:love

Here you can see a close-up of my new radio & the thing on top..:unsure

Last edited:
Nice work. Was there even a radion there before?

Are you thiniking about using fiber optics for the lighting or use the existing electronics?

Thanks you guys! Yes, I scratch built it. : )
I don't have much experience "scratching", but I've been waiting a long time for DMC this large and I plan to make it as accurate as I can.
I don't think i'll add more lighting... actually I'm tempted to remove the outer BLUE glow parts and make those as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back