MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

I finally have a little bit more progress.
I made some parts out of Sculpy & Styrene...
img20110724212827.jpg

I also adde more details to the back vents....
img20110728182638.jpg

And added the coils to the pass side...
img20110728182606.jpg

img20110728182703.jpg

Tried to match paint job of part 1. :)
img20110728182939.jpg

The parts might not look like they line up because they are not set yet. I plan to possibly use magnets to hold them in place.

That's all for now...

Man, that is amazing! The only thing you'll have left to do is make a Marty and Doc Brown action figure to go with it. :D

Hi to everyone. New Guy here ! Just read this entire thread and feel completely inspired.
Tek, you're mods , or practical RE-BUILD to this model is astounding. I do a little model work myself, but this is a labour of love. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Will keep reading all you post. Simply Brilliant

:)

Thanks you guys!
I wish there was a way to make molds of the parts I've created... but I think they're too small.. and i'm not sure how to do it. :unsure

Hi to everyone. New Guy here ! Just read this entire thread and feel completely inspired.
Tek, you're mods , or practical RE-BUILD to this model is astounding. I do a little model work myself, but this is a labour of love. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Will keep reading all you post. Simply Brilliant

:)

I added a few more hoses & details to the back side.
(Again, some parts are not glued down yet and might look crooked.)
15808795.jpg

73368199.jpg

Needs some painted detail/touch up, but I think this might be it for the "Big" stuff.. now to add the small cables :sick

Hi Tek2,
I though "lets drop by for a quick peak at Tek2" and man that looks mighty good!!(y)thumbsup

Keep up the great work, I have to go back to mine asap....

I came to a point where I had to decide to either detail the doors or leave them as is.... I've decided to add some small details but not much since I'll like to display the Time Machine with the doors down.

1st had to take them apart...
dmcdoor1.jpg

Carefully pry open the top...
dmcdoor2.jpg

and pry open the bottom...
dmcdoor3.jpg

Taddah!
dmcdoor4.jpg

LOL!!!!
Oh, that thing. :$ I'm not being sneaky! Just trying to figure out the best/fastest possible way of completing this thing. :lol
I'm thinking of making a mold for these.. would hate to make each one individually! :sick
Very sneaky photo stuff with the flux band brackets.

I fear I am under estimating the sneakiness. :D

man.

1st this whole thread makes me feel so bad about seriously neglecting my Delorean 1/15. it's literally covered in dust on my shelf.

2nd you are going to have one of the best Delorean's in the whole universe when your done. so excited to see it built. :)

Have you thought about what your approach for displaying it is? I've been toying with the idea of getting a custom acrylic piece with maybe a single shaft attached at the center of the car? Keep the updates coming it's really really HEAVY!

Thanks agliarept,

I don't know about the whole universe.... maybe galaxy? JK :lol
I plan to get a clear cover to protect it. I haven't decided on how to display it yet. However, the scene where Marty slides on the hood right before he takes off at the end of the movie OR when the batterie dies at the STARTing point are some of my favorite scenes of the delorean! :love BTW, I also plan on making the lightning rod attached to the side of the DMC.

man.

1st this whole thread makes me feel so bad about seriously neglecting my Delorean 1/15. it's literally covered in dust on my shelf.

2nd you are going to have one of the best Delorean's in the whole universe when your done. so excited to see it built. :)

Have you thought about what your approach for displaying it is? I've been toying with the idea of getting a custom acrylic piece with maybe a single shaft attached at the center of the car? Keep the updates coming it's really really HEAVY!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back