Stunt, Stunt Double, and Hero>>>Premiere Props

abdullah

Premiere props recently sold Milla Jovovich vests from RE:Afterlife, they sold ones with "stunt double" written on the inside of the vest, ones with "Stunt" or "Stunt harness" and lastly the "Hero" ones. the "hero" and "stunt" are the same size, but the "stunt double" ones are lager. so are the "Stunt" ones worn by Milla and the "Stunt Double" worn by her double? or both of them worn by the double?. I've tried to contact Premiere Props about more clarification but with no use.. can anyone help please?
btw, Milla mentioned in an interview that she did her own stunts in the movie

The stunt double ones would be ones worn by the stuntwoman, no movie star does all their own stunts regardless of what they say in press interviews.

The stunt double ones would be ones worn by the stuntwoman, no movie star does all their own stunts regardless of what they say in press interviews.

:lol very true, if they have a go at one stunt it gets turned into them "Doing their own stunts".

It's hard to tell by the labeling who exactly used it though, it's still very likely that 'stunt' could have been used by a stunt performer, just a different one who was needed for different stunts... as for the hero thing, if it says Milla's name in it, then I'd say it was used by her, if not, then there will always be an element of doubt.

Last edited:
I'm betting the hero was Mila's, the "stunt" in the same size was Mila's for her stunts and for BG stuff that the Hero wouldn't be necessary for, and the "stunt double" was for the actual stunt woman and the "stunt harness" was probably for the same stunt woman but altered for the wires for the harness...

I'm betting the hero was Mila's, the "stunt" in the same size was Mila's for her stunts and for BG stuff that the Hero wouldn't be necessary for, and the "stunt double" was for the actual stunt woman and the "stunt harness" was probably for the same stunt woman but altered for the wires for the harness...
thanx for clarification, but what do you mean by "BG stuff"?

BG = background

NB: Premiere Props throws around the word 'hero' much too liberally. Many of the pieces that they list as hero props, aren't.

BG = background

NB: Premiere Props throws around the word 'hero' much too liberally. Many of the pieces that they list as hero props, aren't.

Indeed, most recently I highly doubt the fifty bajillion of each bar game character playing card from Inglourious Basterds they've been labeling as "hero" were all screen-used, much less "hero". Fifty bajillion, selling 'em right and left. I'm sure they did quite a few takes, but believing they're all screen-used "hero" pieces strains credulity to breaking. That seems to be common for Premiere Props with certain pieces.

I've bought "hero' items from them in the past and then after my purchase they go and put up more of the exact same prop and again list it as a 'hero' item.

I got fed up and asked of the item I had just bought, "How many of these particular 'hero' props do you have?" and they answered me "Approximately 12".

So, maybe the one I got was a hero piece, maybe it was one of the 11 spares. I'll never know and that, unfortunatley, is Premiere Props for you.

They've also listed "screen used" hero pieces on their site that don't match what you see on screen so beware.

So, maybe the one I got was a hero piece, maybe it was one of the 11 spares. I'll never know and that, unfortunatley, is Premiere Props for you.

They've also listed "screen used" hero pieces on their site that don't match what you see on screen so beware.

A few years ago, back before there was a huge spate of fake eBay second-chance offers that were really third-party scams (which forced many big vendors like Premiere Props to stop sending second-chance offers altogether), Premiere Props used to send second-chance offers to underbidders when they had multiple items. One time I accidentally bid on an item from two different accounts, from the account I bought with and the account I sold from (I was selling a big toy collection at the time and wanted to keep it separate from my regular prop-buying account). I got two second-chance offers for multiples of this "hero" item. That's when I realized that Premiere Props generally calls everything they think was screen-used (and isn't explicitly marked "stunt" or "double") "hero", and that they're just assuming. They really have no idea, and don't care.

And when it comes to wardrobe, which I personally collect more than props, I assume everything Premiere Props doesn't explicitly call "hero" and "screen-used" is an unused backup because they sell so much of it. Notice their wording for such pieces: "Direct from the set of...", with nothing about use at all. And yet, sometimes the prices for such costumes reaches very high levels, so some people haven't caught on and think they're buying something screenworn when they're probably buying a backup that never left a plastic bag.

Like the "Book of Eli" props they were selling. They must have had 25 different swords, some were the same style as Denzel's screen used sword but most were prototypes or un-used swords that wre totally different but they listed most of them as "hero" and "screen used by Denzel Washington" etc.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back